TGP VIN database - website inside!

mfewtrail

13 hours ago, 55trucker said:

someone put a bid in on it......the advertised retail in only $1800 US, appears that the minimum bid is $325

The only reason ive not bid on the NJ car yet is its a NJ car and Ive no idea what the underside looks like. 

Which one looks like the better option here the TPG in NJ or TX?

9 hours ago, rich_e777 said:

The only reason ive not bid on the NJ car yet is its a NJ car and Ive no idea what the underside looks like. 

Which one looks like the better option here the TPG in NJ or TX?

Texas has some nice rust free vehicles. When I was in Texas I was amazed at the older trucks running around. New England cars rust out really bad. That TGP in NJ looks clean, but who knows what's under the cladding. The cladding hides so much on these cars. 

2 hours ago, 94 olds vert said:

Texas has some nice rust free vehicles. When I was in Texas I was amazed at the older trucks running around. New England cars rust out really bad. That TGP in NJ looks clean, but who knows what's under the cladding. The cladding hides so much on these cars. 

That was my line of thinking as well, but the TX TGP looks like its been sitting awhile and getting wet inside going off the mold on the rear seats. A HUD windshield doesnt seem to be easy to find either. The Jersey TGP looks either garage kept or recent paint job. Either car it'll cost to bid, $100 just to be able to bid on the Jersey car or $200 to bid on the TX car to upgrade to required membership. I have a quote for $800 to pick up and deliver the Jersey TGP already, you know just to get an idea. 

I prefer Hemmings.com, they put a hold of $500 for each bidder and you get it back if you dont win the auction. Either of these sites want an annual subscription to be eligible to bid and their preferred transport company charges twice as much in their quotes.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, rich_e777 said:

That was my line of thinking as well, but the TX TGP looks like its been sitting awhile and getting wet inside going off the mold on the rear seats. A HUD windshield doesnt seem to be easy to find either. The Jersey TGP looks either garage kept or recent paint job. Either car it'll cost to bid, $100 just to be able to bid on the Jersey car or $200 to bid on the TX car to upgrade to required membership. I have a quote for $800 to pick up and deliver the Jersey TGP already, you know just to get an idea. 

I prefer Hemmings.com, they put a hold of $500 for each bidder and you get it back if you dont win the auction. Either of these sites want an annual subscription to be eligible to bid and their preferred transport company charges twice as much in their quotes.

I had the windshield replaced in my CSC, and then later added HUD. The HUD display seemed fine without the HUD windshield. 

For $134 someone will go and check out the one in NJ from a 3rd party, maybe worth it. Seems like no one hasnt bid on it either and its been up since the 1st. Ok sticking my foot in the water, inspection ordered for the NJ TGP. Lets see what shes hiding.

Any takers on inspecting the one in TX for a similar amount?

Edited by rich_e777
  • Like 3

Results from the inspection are in, it doesn't crank with a jumpbox, no noise from starter at all. Also leaks oil but didnt indicate from where. Rust where expected underneath, at minimum will need new control arms and lateral links as well as have both F and R subframes media blasted. Probably new hub bearings, calipers, rotors and both brake and fuel lines to be sure.

The  powertrain alone is worth a decent price even if needing a rebuild, the LG5 engine is unique.....steel crank, rods are shot peened & stress relieved, forged pistons, exhaust valves are sodium filled.

The turbo should be a Garrett T25. If I were on the *other* side of the border I'd seriously consider it.

I have to get a broker involved because its in Jersey, Damn these people are ANAL about documents! Hemmings.com I used cash app to send the money after they put a $500 hold which went to the Towncar after i won. You cannot just bid the minimum here, its going to cost you some $$$ between membership fees and the hold an auto broker puts on your account because New Jersey laws.

I`ll try and snag it, the transport company might want more for picking up a non starting car.

No going back now :bonk:

Edited by rich_e777

1 hour ago, rich_e777 said:

I have to get a broker involved because its in Jersey, Damn these people are ANAL about documents! Hemmings.com I used cash app to send the money after they put a $500 hold which went to the Towncar after i won. You cannot just bid the minimum here, its going to cost you some $$$ between membership fees and the hold an auto broker puts on your account because New Jersey laws.

I`ll try and snag it, the transport company might want more for picking up a non starting car.

No going back now :bonk:

That would be sweet if you did end up getting it.  I wish you luck!

I hope so, iirc I read it goes up for sale on the 21st but I don't know what the reserve is. Probably the $1800 estimated price.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone bought the TGP in Jersey, I just got the notification. Maybe they`ll come around here, it only had 1 owner and looked like a southern car underneath.

IDK if this link will work for anyone but this is the report I bought on it showing all the pics.

https://www.aeinsp.com/pub/aei/report/index.php?asset=28167&vkey=sXcAMWvmVd92gDSqIoZw2fPE6H7WFtOSl3tyJdAbuXOrwKHpu8qp43rwNBwb

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rich_e777 said:

Someone bought the TGP in Jersey, I just got the notification. Maybe they`ll come around here, it only had 1 owner and looked like a southern car underneath.

IDK if this link will work for anyone but this is the report I bought on it showing all the pics.

https://www.aeinsp.com/pub/aei/report/index.php?asset=28167&vkey=sXcAMWvmVd92gDSqIoZw2fPE6H7WFtOSl3tyJdAbuXOrwKHpu8qp43rwNBwb

The underside looks good. The trailing arm mount looks great, a bit of rust on the arm itself, but there used to be boxed ones available at the auto stores to replace those. 

Someone got themselves a cool project car. 

On 6/4/2023 at 4:21 PM, jiggity76 said:

Whoever let this one go should be punched right in the mouth!!!!

Aside from the auction lot this ones a 2 owner car. I`m the 2nd, should be here next week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rich_e777 said:

Aside from the auction lot this ones a 2 owner car. I`m the 2nd, should be here next week.

You just made me so happy!  This is fantastic news!  Welcome to the Turbo World.  Thanks so much Rich.  Really!

Get us some good pics including it being loaded and unloaded if possible.  Can't wait to see it!

• 2 weeks later...

Its still pending on the TGP sale in NJ... Which is odd. The seller has 2 days to do something.

Auction did not meet reserve, and the seller has the right to counter offer, decline, or accept.

https://autohelperbot.com/en/car/1G5WP14V1KF331579_46426162?need_auth=1 (sorry about the russian)

Hopefully that link works for you...

IDK what sort of sketchy link that is but 1G5WP14V1KF331579 from Knu Joisey is my car. She`s sitting in my driveway right now just waiting on the title. I never dealt with that website during the process at all.

https://www.autobidmaster.com/en/search/lot/53837963/COPART_1989_PONTIAC_2000_LE_CERTIFICATE_OF_TITLE_TRENTON_NJ/

If they come to take this car they`d have better luck trying to disarm some Spartans or baptize a cat, which ever is worse. 

2 hours ago, rich_e777 said:

IDK what sort of sketchy link that is but 1G5WP14V1KF331579 from Knu Joisey is my car. She`s sitting in my driveway right now just waiting on the title. I never dealt with that website during the process at all.

https://www.autobidmaster.com/en/search/lot/53837963/COPART_1989_PONTIAC_2000_LE_CERTIFICATE_OF_TITLE_TRENTON_NJ/

If they come to take this car they`d have better luck trying to disarm some Spartans or baptize a cat, which ever is worse. 

Yes, fight to the death!

How many "extra fees" did you get hit with AutoBidMaster?

I recently bought my Saturn thru them, and everytime I turned around, they were adding a fee.

IIRC Autobidmasters hit me with a broker and documentation fee, Copart had an auction, document and lot fee. I would only ever do it again for a top favorite car if one came up.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have you had any luck getting parts from a pull it yourself yard without going there? I've called a couple of the places but they would only say you have to pull the parts yourself. I would love to get some parts, especially the air box and hoses out of this for the GP Turbo but I can't get to Monrovia.

• 2 months later...