gp first upgrade! lol

clevelandfan

so, i was walking around the cleveland auto show today, when i spotted a person selling euro dezigns parts., so naturally i checked it out. among the sales floor were hid's. so i looked, and they were $25 for both! i started talking to him, cuz naturally i thought there was a catch, but i was wrong. 8500k hid's with a LIFETIME WARRENTY for $25 out the door. so naturally i bought them. :mrgreen: so tomorrow i will have them on and will post pics of the lights post install. :thumb: here is the pre install, and the lights themselves.

25949_1173865121725_1680978447_341382_5789882_n.jpg

25949_1173865161726_1680978447_341383_3219135_n.jpg

so wutcha guys think about it?

You do know those gonna be a higher wattage bulb?? They tend to melt the hell outta the wiring (too much current draw) and discolor the grand prix's already shitty headlamp housings.

Also, look at the package, they arent street legal. So avoid Cleveland PD when they are bored. Its like a $150-$250 ticket!! :eek:

You could have opted for Silvania Silverstars (buy off ebay for cheap like I do) and those are legal, you will be able to see better, and no worries about melted car parts :lol:

Just my 2cents

My brother put those in his Mazda MX6 and they fried the electrical harness in a couple months.

The lifetime warranty only covers the bulbs, not the other parts that are going to fail because of the bulbs!

Jamie

thay arent THAT much brighter looking, but it helps some. also on the harness problem, ive heard about it. but wut i heard was they only had real problems on some cars, and the gp wasnt one of them, tho it did happen occasionally. and these are only gonna be temporary anyway. i got b4, n afters here.

25949_1173865121725_1680978447_341382_5789882_n.jpg

25949_1174485057223_1680978447_342370_529101_n.jpg

I had those same damn bulbs in my '00 Regal GSE and they had shitty light output. They looked cool coming down the road, but that's about it. Never again will I spend money on those. Hell, I hear people swear up and down that Silverstars are the greatest lights out there and they sucked ass in my '97 Grand Prix GT! I dunno...I think I'll stick with regular halogen bulbs.

Silverstars suck...

A few years back Q-ball and I did a test... He installed a full set of Silverstars and I installed a full set of Silvania Cool Blues (half the price of the Silverstars)

The light output was identical!

But for the price you can get HID kits for now, there is no other way to go.

Jamie

I've got 6000k HID's on my truck and they're bright as hell. I replaced the silverstars I had put on when I first bought the truck, and even the silverstars are way brighter than stock halogen. I also replaced all 4 sealed beams on my GTP with silverstars and they are much brighter. Pro silverstar all the way here. I can't stand the yellow look of standard halogen. The color temp of the silver stars is the best for night distance. 8500 k starts to get dim again and turn blue.

Those bulbs and ones like them tend to melt down harnesses if you have daytime running lights. Happened on my bosses F350. I have a set of cheapy "HID" bulbs on the TGP. I havent had a problem with tham but the light output SUCKS. A HID kit is pretty near the top of my list for stuff to do to it this year.