door handle and interior light issue

gryfan

hello.i am new to the forum.i bought a '94 cutlass vert last fall.has 225,00 km , but it only cost me $200.00 .it passed the safety and emissions tests here in ontario no problems.i do have a couple of problems that may be related.the door handle on driver's side needs to br pulled 3 times gently before it will open.the handle also sticks out when it is in the closed position.the fit is not good.also the interior lights stay on for 25 min. or so before they go off after the doors are closed.is that normal? if it is not ,then can the door handle be the cause of the light not going out sooner? also the the rubber trim at the base of the back windows are in bad shape...are they available from somewhere?

thanks for your help in advance.i was not looking for another car but for $200.00 i could not pass it up.i also own a '90 reatta....'05 crossfire roadster....and an '07 sonata as my winter driver.

thanks again....gryfan

The window trim is a very common problem and I havent seen them available yet, there are however some other fixes a few members have done. The door handle can be adjusted by taking the 14 mm nut off and a screw (behind the door handle) and there you will see the rods... The clip can be taken off and then the rod adjuster moved... Be very careful to not adjust it too far as it will not allow you to open the door...

Oh and post some pics!

thanks al.that helps me out.i can do the adjustment on the handle and hopefully the door will oen more easily.it may also solve my interior light issue.when i become more computer literate i may be able to post some pictures.orrrrr i can just get a buddy of mine to post them...he is much more savy on the computer.

thanks again.

gryfan