White rims on a 1996 GTP

94 olds vert

Today, My buddy brought over his white GTP ( Gas Tires and Power) and he said his rims where the same silver color as mine. He pulled off his rims taped them off scuffed them up put his paint down and clear coat. And wow! Those rims had some shine! They were very nicely done with the Pontiac emblem left untouched.

I am Not a Big fan of Blacking out rims. But, yes on certain cars it does look good. If anyone has blacked out their rims could I see a pick?

I am thinking painting my rims white and then buying Good year tires with nice big white letters, would that look sweet or what?

You have a white 'vert with 5-star rims?

I'm interested in seeing one of those. I used to have white with sawblades and always dreamed of doing those in white.

BTW - wrong category maybe one of the mods could move it for you.

• 3 weeks later...

I know my dad did that to his white 95 coupe and it looked great! Some cars do look good with white letter tires, and I think this might be one of them...maybe. White wheels fo sho though! I've always loved the white cars with white wheels like the Grand Prix had.

I have white GP 5-spokes on my Cutlass and I love them. They definitely need refinishing now though. I've always liked them more than the Cutlass 5-spokes, they just look sportier and have a better offset.

good luck getting the whites to properly match

Have a body shop paint them with the same paint as the rest of the car and they'll match. Plain white doesn't fade or change over time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ask someone who painted a white car!

I have white GP 5-spokes on my Cutlass and I love them. They definitely need refinishing now though. I've always liked them more than the Cutlass 5-spokes, they just look sportier and have a better offset.

Pics please and yes GP 5-spokes > Cutlass 5-spokes.

It's not white, and neither are the rims...But yes they sure as hell suit the car better than the cutlass 5 spokes do...

width=1280 height=853http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/NDLM/Cadrlesujet.jpg[/img]

Somedays I still miss that car :sad:

Good comparison pic I took a while back:

IMG_0502ab.jpg

Also taken a while back when it was somewhat cleaner:

http://www.gtsdurango.net/images/cars/IMG_0049b.jpg

http://www.gtsdurango.net/images/cars/IMG_0055b.jpg

http://www.gtsdurango.net/images/cars/IMG_0312b.jpg

sorry, trying not to whore up the thread

good luck getting the whites to properly match

Have a body shop paint them with the same paint as the rest of the car and they'll match. Plain white doesn't fade or change over time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ask someone who painted a white car!

It's true. My car is white, and is always parked outside. It sees rain, snow, sun, etc. Most of the paint is original; about 18 years old now. A new mirror was painted and installed last year, and this year the same was done with a new door handle. Even with the huge variations in paint age, everything matches perfectly. I know which parts are new, and I can't see any difference, so no one will. If it was another colour, like red or silver, there'd be a difference.