EviLette

The exact same sway bar can be purchased from www.p-s-t.com, they sell it under the G-max name.

Up front your pretty much limited to lowering springs (but you aren't interested in lowering) and replacing your original parts with new replacement parts. There are almost no modifications for our front suspension, yet.

Jamie

No big deal, I just wanted to stiffen up the handling a bit.  There's always been a little too much front end play for my liking.

I'm going to bed now, btw.

Don't forget Aweb's RSTB if you don't already have one. You seriously can't live without it once you get one in there.

That damn bar is what got me started on beefing up the handling areas of my suspension.

I thik I told Aweb before that I think he might have created a monster.

lol, that's awesome.

If you go to a wrecking yard, you can find a 96 Monte Carlo and pirate the rear sway bar off of it. You will need the rear bushings (both the ones that mount to the underside of the car, between the fuel tank and the "rear end", and the ones at the ends of the bar that go into the brackets that hold the lower struts to the spindles. I have run this for over 6 mos and I only wish it was BIGGER, (i think its about 3/4 in)...but it was far better then having none at all (I have an FE1 softride car). Dropping the exhaust from the rear and mid hangers makes it easier to install.

If you have the 34mm front bar, the bushings that attach to the lower control arms will contribute the most to "improving" it...but I would do the ones that attach the bar to the car as well.

I would also replace the lower control arm bushings (there are 2 on each side) as these contribute A LOT to the smoothness/stability of the car.

Lastly, tires will make THE MOST difference, hands down. If you are not running at least at HR rated tire, the next time you buy I would look at my options. There are many good tires out there, but they all have to compromise wet/dry traction, sidewall stiffness, ride quality, wear, etc, etc, etc....You want to study carefully and maybe even find someone with the brand/size you are considering and drive their car. I HATE the OEM Eagle GA's that are continuing to last, despite my best efforts to flog the crud out of them, on my car. When it rains, like all Eagles I have every owned, they get SKEERED.....

I'm running bridgestone potenzas. I can do 80 on the highway in the rain and not lose traction. Shouldn't, but I did to outrun the twisters heading my way a couple nights ago.

Like I said above, I've bought control arms, some bushings for the front, the sway bar, and then the rest of the suspensions tuff. This is mostly just because my struts all around are smoked, and I figured the front end has loosened up considerably in 195k, and could use a little stiffening up.

Plus, I want to. And its my baby.

I'm running bridgestone potenzas. I can do 80 on the highway in the rain and not lose traction. Shouldn't, but I did to outrun the twisters heading my way a couple nights ago.

How do you get wipers to work over 70mph.....I know mine need a "wing" on them like my 9c1 Caprice used to have....maybe a beer can mod.;)something to keep them stuck down to the windshield, instead of lifting....oh, maybe that happens at 90....

Like I said above, I've bought control arms, some bushings for the front, the sway bar, and then the rest of the suspensions tuff. This is mostly just because my struts all around are smoked, and I figured the front end has loosened up considerably in 195k, and could use a little stiffening up.

I saw you bought bushings...didn't know if you bought for the swaybar, and/or lower control arm bushings....not to rain on anything, but if you bought the Energy Suspension for the lower control arms, you might want to consider P-S-T's Polygraphite....they don't squeak (I drove an Energy-equipped car for over 2 years.....they can drive you crazy, until you pull the mufflers off.....:)

Perfectly legitimate reason....we should all be so lucky to receive such excellent treatment.

How do you get wipers to work over 70mph.....I know mine need a "wing" on them like my 9c1 Caprice used to have....maybe a beer can mod.;)something to keep them stuck down to the windshield, instead of lifting....oh, maybe that happens at 90....

I saw you bought bushings...didn't know if you bought for the swaybar, and/or lower control arm bushings....not to rain on anything, but if you bought the Energy Suspension for the lower control arms, you might want to consider P-S-T's Polygraphite....they don't squeak (I drove an Energy-equipped car for over 2 years.....they can drive you crazy, until you pull the mufflers off.....:)

Perfectly legitimate reason....we should all be so lucky to receive such excellent treatment.

LOL. I don't use my wipers too often. I keep enough wax on my windshield that the water beads up and rolls right off the glass.

The bushings are for the sway bar... but since the trailing arms are coming with new bushings already, I should be happy with those for quite some time. I'm just trying to stiffen it up a bit.

Haha so yeah.. Murphy's law. :) Not a big deal, but...

I got an email from GMPP this morning. Trailing arms are shipped, but my sway bar is on back order. Looks like it won't be going in, not this run any rate, but oh well.

Everything else has been shipped.

The first of the lot, Aweb's goodies, arrived a couple days ago. There was a mix-up with UPS, and I wasn't able to pick them up yesterday... I'll be heading to do that as soon as maintenance is done here so I can take a damn shower. >.<

Okay, fun fun

14088025 x2

14088027 x2

14088028 x2

14088026 x2

14087853 x2

14087857 x2

10139080 x2

10203413 x2

15677731 x1 (set of 5???wtf)

Grand total came to 149.99 with shipping. All special order, of course. I hope nothing is backordered or I'm going to be a screwed monkey.

And hopefully everything gets in on time. I can deal with it showing up no later than wednesday of next week... so I've got almost a week. Pfhew.... nerves. Worse comes to worst I can get the bushings done at a later date, the suspension is the serious problem here... Mechanic said he can try to shift the subframe over, but the rear bushings are definitely toasted.

Now its all up to luck, and faith in the united states postal services... or UPS, or Fedex... whoever the hell GMPP ships through.