EviLette

I'm trying to make a grocery list guys. I've got to get these parts ordered so they are here in time for me to get this job done when I will be able to be without my car for several days.

I need to know what all there is in the suspension/handling area ASIDE from the typical ball joints/tie rods.

Specifically the front.

I'm already repacing the

monoleaf

struts (all around)

mounts/bearings(all around)

What I need to know is, stuff like lateral links and trailing arms. I know the rear has both, what the HELL does the front have? Just a sway bar?

I'm thinking I'll swap out the front sway bar too, since I'm doing all this other stuff to the rear.

And bushing.

HELP guys please! my ignorance is showing through, I'm in a bind, and need to know -exactly- what i need and how many of them (for instance, the trailing arms are sold in sets of two... but from what i saw, aren't there FOUR (one on each side of the leaf??!)

See what i mean?

Just 2 trailing arms, I think you're thinking of the lateral links. You shouldn't need to replace the lateral links unless they are rusted but go for a set of tubular trailing arms.

front has swaybar and control arms. Get a 34mm sway bar and poly bushings.

Just 2 trailing arms, I think you're thinking of the lateral links. You shouldn't need to replace the lateral links unless they are rusted but go for a set of tubular trailing arms.

i could not have said it better myself. :high5:

From where, exactly?

34mm swaybars are on ANY 3.4 DOHC W body. (I just gave one away and threw out another, of course.) Except, I think the gen 1.5 cars are different, the 1995-97 Monte Carlo and Lumina so avoid those.

The tubular trailing arms can be bought from most any GM dealer through the GM Performance Parts catalog.

34mm swaybars are on ANY 3.4 DOHC W body. (I just gave one away and threw out another, of course.) Except, I think the gen 1.5 cars are different, the 1995-97 Monte Carlo and Lumina so avoid those.

The tubular trailing arms can be bought from most any GM dealer through the GM Performance Parts catalog.

Shit, so I'm going to have to track one down and pull it from a salvage yard?

Where can I find the poly bushings? I hear people talk about "energy" but I'm not sure if thats a nickname or the product name.

Not going after a rear sway bar without fronts... or I'll end up with hellacious issues of the back end being too stiff

I'm trying to keep it so that I have about the same level of enhanced handling in both the front and rear

Do these trailing arms make much of a difference over what you get stock? My regal's trailing arms and lateral links are completely stock and I've never really thought about replacing them.

Shit, so I'm going to have to track one down and pull it from a salvage yard?

Where can I find the poly bushings? I hear people talk about "energy" but I'm not sure if thats a nickname or the product name.

Not going after a rear sway bar without fronts... or I'll end up with hellacious issues of the back end being too stiff

I'm trying to keep it so that I have about the same level of enhanced handling in both the front and rear

Energy Suspension is the company that makes the bushings. IIRC They're $20 a pair, so $40 would do the front of the car, and they make a big difference. The rear ADDCO bar (if you can find it) comes with poly bushings, though they're a bit of a bitch to get on since the mounts are machined too small (at least they were on mine). You can use ES bushings for the rear also. They'll fit just fine on the sway bar-chassis mount, but you'll need to drill a bigger hole or cut a bigger one out for the bigger strut bolts using a dremel to make them fit on the sway bar-strut mounts.

X you may want to ask bob ( 1loudcutty? :dunno: ) about those trailing arms, i know he has a set on his car. :cool: for what its worth, i have yet to hear anything bad about them.

Also, that link is a huge page of stuff that includes a suspension kit.

Are the trailing arms that you are referring to the 5th entry on that page?

yep. :high5:

Also, that link is a huge page of stuff that includes a suspension kit.

Are the trailing arms that you are referring to the 5th entry on that page?

Do you have a link to the energy suspension page?

THe Energy Suspension bushings can be had at Auto Zone and I believe O'Reilly's carries them as well. Aweb did a write up on them on here somewhere.

Right on. Write-up by Aweb.

I'll have to track that down. I'll run by OReilly in the morning I guess.

So my list is just trailing arms then, other than the stuff off tire rack.

I'm guessing that nobody manufactures an aftermarket sway bar that will work on mine then, since you are recommending the 34mm off the 3.4s, or am I missing something, and the front way bar off gmpp will work?

I'm guessing that nobody manufactures an aftermarket sway bar that will work on mine then, since you are recommending the 34mm off the 3.4s, or am I missing something, and the front way bar off gmpp will work?

ADDCO used to make sway bars for our cars but they are hard to come by from what I understand and you have to hack them in there.

All 3.4 DOHC W bodies came with a 34MM front sway bar and a good sized rear bar.

ADDCO used to make sway bars for our cars but they are hard to come by from what I understand and you have to hack them in there.

All 3.4 DOHC W bodies came with a 34MM front sway bar and a good sized rear bar.

That all depends on the revision you get. Mine went in just fine without any modifications anywhere, and was definitely a massive improvement. If you can get your hands on an ADDCO bar, DO IT.

Is this part discontinued?

What makes it so difficult to get a hold of?

Is this the same part marketed on GM parts direct?

It's marketed at 34 mm as well... But I'm going to have to double-check the size on mine, because I'm getting some conflicting information here.

Woot. ~500 dollars worth of parts

rear trailing arms

front sway bar

kyb struts/mounts/boots

energy bushings

I think thats all I bought, but im sure i forgot something.

Anyways, off to bed before i spend any more money. Can't wait for the stuff to start getting here.

The exact same sway bar can be purchased from www.p-s-t.com, they sell it under the G-max name.

Up front your pretty much limited to lowering springs (but you aren't interested in lowering) and replacing your original parts with new replacement parts. There are almost no modifications for our front suspension, yet.

Jamie

The exact same sway bar can be purchased from www.p-s-t.com, they sell it under the G-max name.

Up front your pretty much limited to lowering springs (but you aren't interested in lowering) and replacing your original parts with new replacement parts. There are almost no modifications for our front suspension, yet.

Jamie

No big deal, I just wanted to stiffen up the handling a bit. There's always been a little too much front end play for my liking.

I'm going to bed now, btw.

Jamie

No big deal, I just wanted to stiffen up the handling a bit. There's always been a little too much front end play for my liking.

Don't forget Aweb's RSTB if you don't already have one. You seriously can't live without it once you get one in there.

Jamie

No big deal, I just wanted to stiffen up the handling a bit.  There's always been a little too much front end play for my liking.

Don't forget Aweb's RSTB if you don't already have one. You seriously can't live without it once you get one in there.

That damn bar is what got me started on beefing up the handling areas of my suspension.

I thik I told Aweb before that I think he might have created a monster.