Just picked up 1990 TGP need help : (

Shifter23

To make it the T25 into the T28 hybrid other than the rebuild kit what do you have to do? Do you have to bore out the turbo? Yeah the kit was under a hundred bucks but what else? If it is just the kit i'll jump on it right now but it is usualy more than that isnt there?

No, it's just the T-28 guts inside the T-25 shell...hence the hybrid factor. BUT!!! This is what I did, and it makes you feel alot safer. 360 degree thrust bearing. Get one.

Gotcha on that i fugured as much. So when you order the kit just state T28? It looked like it was the same kit for the whole series. You got me sold on building on since well i do have that spare just chillin and the shell is good and no play to begin with perfect to build up! :flamingdevil:

No more smoke wooo!!!! Gonna get a GM O2 and swap the altenator it is starting to act up. Car is running good so the $900 was well spent. Been driving it for over a week! Needs new brakes and some front end adjustment but alive and well. Took the BOV off the TSTE i bought from Bullet and swapped the stock stuff to the TSTE. Need to fix the oil inlet line and the coolant line both leak i think they cross threaded the fittings oh well. K&N next and then who knows lol.

Need to fix the oil inlet line and the coolant line both leak i think they cross threaded the fittings oh well.

uh oh. that happened to mine. I think the line was actually clogged or something and cross threaded. the turbo went from small amount of play to completely trashed in like 1 week. it leaked oil everywhere and almost ran the motor dry! it was a nightmare. thats when I got the new center section. luckily I had a parts turbo and I had other lines to use.