jeffz34

Well my brake upgrade is finally finished. I have the 94 rear setup with crossdirilled rotors and generic pads. And I have the 96 front setup with crossdrilled rotors and kvr performance pads. The brakes arent even broke in yet but I can already notice a significant difference. Ive had the rears on for a while but I just did the front last night and the difference is quite respectable. I just cant wait till the pads are worn in fully and I can realy test em out.

I also cut a quarter coil out of my lowering springs and it lowered it zero inches. I measured before and after the measurements were almost exactly the same both times. Maybe Ill cut more away later. I did notice the ride is a little bit stiffer though. I guess I just cut out a soft spot that doesnt affect ride height too much.

I also changed out the front rubber brake lines while I was tearing the z apart. The old lines were looking a lil rough.

Guest TurboSedan
I also cut a quarter coil out of my lowering springs and it lowered it zero inches. I measured before and after the measurements were almost exactly the same both times. Maybe Ill cut more away later. I did notice the ride is a little bit stiffer though. I guess I just cut out a soft spot that doesnt affect ride height too much.

oh no! i've been planning on cutting a 1/4 coil off of my front coils for awhile now :? what front coils are you using? i'm using 1.5" drop Eibach springs that i got from TDC. still, if 1/4 coil doesn't do it i can always take it back apart and cut more off. better to cut too little at first than too much. there are alot of '95+ w-bodies in the salvage yard near me that can donate front strut/knuckle assemblies thankfully!

joshua

oh no! i've been planning on cutting a 1/4 coil off of my front coils for awhile now :? what front coils are you using? i'm using 1.5" drop Eibach springs that i got from TDC. still, if 1/4 coil doesn't do it i can always take it back apart and cut more off. better to cut too little at first than too much. there are alot of '95+ w-bodies in the salvage yard near me that can donate front strut/knuckle assemblies thankfully!

joshua

I have the Suspension Techniques springs.

Oh, btw I have my old rotors if anyone is interested. They are crossdrilled, I got em from RSM. They are in great condition, only about 5000 miles on them and they worked well I just wanted the best possible on my car. But if anyone wants em Ill let em go for $75 plus the cost of shipping them. I paid about $200 for them. Make me an offer theyre just sitting in my shop.