Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• blackbombshell95

• BXX

• CSI_MuNkY

I found these, but they are 12" not 12.7

this would help

https://www.zzperformance.com/products_img/591_1.jpg

I have this set on my 97 (awesome brakes, major improvement) i have a second set of broken alluminum f-body calipers and brackets, i do not have another set of 12" w-body brake rotors or f-body brake pads.

I beleive the rotors consist of 2000+ impala rotors, the calipers and brackets are from a 2000-2002 f-body. Thus resulting in a 12" brake upgrade that uses a 115mm bolt pattern. You can in reality assemble the entire kit, identical to ZZP's from a combination of junkyard and/or dealer + store bought parts. In fact, they are purchasing the caliper, bracket, and banjo bolts at wholesale from GM and reselling them.

There is also a 12.7" kit that is based on a replacement for those model year f-bodies. It also fits gen II.

Lastly, you can use standard, single piston, w-body calipers and rotors from a 2000+ w-body or GXP calipers and rotors.

So the reality is that there are several options once you can figure out how to adapt our 10.9" Gen 1 and 11.25" gen 1/1.5 to fit gen II brakes. The options are wide open.

I too was in the process of trying to get brackets made but i do not have the means or the time to pull it off, i do know for a fact that it is possible.

One caveat i discovered right away is that the 12" rotors do not fit on our hubs. There will need to be a 3/8" spacer between the hub and the rotor to make them fit, OR a custom rotor or a rotor from another application. Once that can be fixed, you shouldn't have any issues making an adapter. It may also be possible to make a single adapter with two separate sets of holes, one for the 11.25" design, and the other for the 10.9".

Your thread got me wondering... have you looked into a booster upgrade? I don't know if there is even anything that could work, but if there is, it would be an awesome improvement.

Jamie

WEll I wanted to stick with a 13 brake upgrade. I dont think many people would like the 12" brake upgrade, I want a MAJOR improvment over stock.

True...and I agree 100%, but economically speaking, adapt to 97+ and the floodgates open. You may have to make dozens. My pitch to ZZP, whos really just too busy with its own projects to see the worth of mine, was that all 88-00 gen 1 and gen 1.5 cars would be opened up to gen II brake kits. I predicted about 100 initial sales within 1 year. that includes new monte carlos, luminas, 88-96 grand prix, regal, cutlass and lumina. at $100 per kit, that's $100,000 in revenue off two chunks of alluminum that require minimal R&D.

Opening up to 97+ brakes means the folllowing are possible...

'slightly better' 97+ single piston 10.9" brakes.

'better' 97+ 12" brakes using 97+ and 00+ parts available from several sources.

'better' 97+ 12" brakes w/f-body alluminum dual-piston calipers

'best' 12.7" baer brakes with 4-piston calipers.

With options ranging from ZZP/PFYC/w-body store parts, generating additional sales, Junk yard parts, dealer parts, and box-store bought parts offering a full spectrum of choices to early w-body owners.

You may only see 6 or 7 bites now, but once its out there, proven, and the cost range is demonstrated to any average gen 1/1.5 w-body owner, the floodgates will open.

Good news. Well since that guy was such a dick, I went ahead and did the research.

What guy was such a Dick? I read all of Justin's emails to you and he wasn't rude in any of them. You asked him specifically what calipers/ brackets we used with the kit and he said that it was proprietary information and that we couldn't share it.

Please understand guys that we buy a bunch of different caliper setups, a bunch of different rotors, hoses, etc and we sit there and play with different packages to see what works, then test them for fitment on the various cars, under various wheels, determine what components to use with the kit, where to get rotors, the pads, etc. The R&D can go on forever and if we just out and tell someone exactly what every kit entails it becomes so easy for someone else to make a buck off of our research. I'm certainly not implying that the original poster had any intentions of copying/ selling our setup but if we start telling people eventually the word is going to get out to someone who's just going copy the kit and sell it themselves.

I hope this doesn't sound unfair. At the end of the day I run a business and I have to keep the business' best interests at heart.

That said, if there is anything we can do to help please don't hesitate to ask.

Well he should have told me what calipers the car came off of. I would have ordered a set right then and there. I jsut wanted to knwo so that I can get replacement parts later on. And OWNED,That shit pisses me off to no end. if you want me to say I am sorry, I ahve no problem doing so. But dont be a fag and say OWNED, YOU FAG. I am sorry to the owner of WBODYSTORE.COM, it would have been nice if you would have told me what car they came off of, I would have ordered them from you that day. If I sell brake kits, I have to know where to get replacement parts.

Dude you just made yourself look ike a even bigger douch then what you are. You know as well as I do that know company is gonna tell anyone there trade secerets. Please do us all a favor and drop the big brake idea or source the parts yourself and build a kit. So you will know were to get parts from. And another thing your making florida members look like a total ASS..... And oh yea OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to the power of 10

Dude you just made yourself look ike a even bigger douch then what you are. You know as well as I do that know company is gonna tell anyone there trade secerets. Please do us all a favor and drop the big brake idea or source the parts yourself and build a kit. So you will know were to get parts from. And another thing your making florida members look like a total ASS..... And oh yea OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to the power of 10

You, shut up. No matter the veracity of your statements, you are being totally immature about this.

It seems like Dohc just exaggerated a comment about Mike. Everyone does it. Big whoopde do. All the useless posts and posts with no grammar(19gt92) need to be weeded out.

Best way to do that, and this is JUST my opinion, is to lock the thread and start a new one when there is more to it than just ideas. Because as long as you are tossing this idea around your going to get doubters and people that think its being done the wrong way.

Thats all I'll say...

Jamie

It seems like Dohc just exaggerated a comment about Mike. Everyone does it. Big whoopde do. All the useless posts and posts with no grammar(19gt92) need to be weeded out.

19GT92 is gone for good, so that's taken care of.

BTW, I have something of great interest sitting in my trunk... A rear rotor from a 06 Ford 500.. It is shot, but makes one hell of a template for a matching set of big brakes for the rear. I already checked the bolt pattern, it is the same as W's. As soon as I get a chance, I wanna check how it fits on the hub. It may be a solid rotor, but I think it is AT LEAST 12.5" :high5:

I was hoping we were going to do the 500's front brakes as well at work, cause I was gonna snag a front rotor...

Oh, off topic, but a little info tidbit. the Ford 500 uses PBR dual piston aluminum calipers up front. :burnout: No bad, and the stock rotors and pads are of Bosch origin