BIG BRAKES ARE DONE

dohc v6

Damn that sucks on the auction.

Just a note: r1concepts sells cheap rotors. But they do offer a higher quality line of cross/drilled rotors. Just an option.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• blackbombshell95

• BXX

• CSI_MuNkY

yeha, this is for 11.25- 13". I dont know why that other person was saying 10.9-11.25

Probably because of the question Q-ball keeps asking, I'd answer him but I don't know the answer.

In order for Jason to "upgrade" to 94-96 brakes he has to swap out his front strut housings. Weill he have to still swap those out doing the 13" upgrade?

I want to say yes because the 13" set up will be based on people that already have the 11.25".

Jamie

yeha, this is for 11.25- 13". I dont know why that other person was saying 10.9-11.25

Probably because of the question Q-ball keeps asking, I'd answer him but I don't know the answer.

In order for Jason to "upgrade" to 94-96 brakes he has to swap out his front strut housings. Weill he have to still swap those out doing the 13" upgrade?

I want to say yes because the 13" set up will be based on people that already have the 11.25".

Jamie

yea i think dohc v6 is making the adapter brackets for the 11.25 inch front brakes, i only say this because i know his car for a fact has 11.25 fronts

Just a thought...

Has anyone talked to any companies about possibly taking on this project? No offense DOHC V6 but I think a lot of people would be more comfortable if the upgrade came from a company. I did a little reading and its not always just a bracket that has to be made, it depends on the application.

There is a company called Kore3 that has been around since 2005 and they are building their line up. Right now it looks like a lot of their brake upgrades are based on the C5 and C6 platform, but it wouldn't hurt to see what they could do for us and how much interest it would take. I would contact them myself but I don't have the funds to drop on a whole brake set up right now, and I probably won't for the next few months at least.

Just a thought....

Jamie

1. dohc v6 - 2 sets, one 10.9 and one 11.25

2. blackbird21 - 1 Set 11.25

Check out Morad Parts Company on ebay man, they typically always have the GXP brakes on there with Buy It Now option. I might be able to call Ed myself and see what the cost would be and I could just go pick them up. I know I can get them prolly quite a bit cheaper than what he offers on ebay.

Jamie, I am going to design the brake mounts, test and have them tested. If you dont want them then dont buy them. I am going to have these made from like .4" steel, then have them powdercoated. I am tired of big compies taking over and getting all the business. Do what you gotta do, I am not gonna worry about u guys not buying them from me, I designed and built a 3.4 turbo. Doing this is a wlak in the park. Thats all I gotta say.

I am tired of big compies taking over and getting all the business. Do what you gotta do, I am not gonna worry about u guys not buying them from me, I designed and built a 3.4 turbo. Doing this is a wlak in the park. Thats all I gotta say.

Well big companies=quality, easily accessible parts, fast shipping, cheaper because of the stock they carry. And we haven't really seen any pics of all the work you've done to your car, so at least I can't be 100% to go with you.

Umm, ok. I have posted like more than 50 pics of my project from start to finish. Big companies are not better cause of, higher price, SLOWER shipping due to people never getting back to you, ect. I know that I bought an exhasut system from magnaflow that was 800$ and thye took 2 months to send the bracket over I needed. Dont buy from me, thats fine this was just a feeler. Thanks for your time though

It's not asking much but you guys are going to ruin this for everyone else. This thread needs a mod to delete useless posts like this one that i'm writing. This really isn't needed. I'm sure you guys can read and understand the thread title,(Big Brake Upgrade. "Anyone interested".) Are you interested? If so post. If not then stop going offtopic!

What you guys should do, as I'm going to do, is wait until for the end result. Then we can judge his skills and the quality of the part.

Thank you, atleast someone here can read. I know I will be making these for my car and a couple others that are interested. I know this is going to be hard for some of you, but PLEASE don't post if you have no intention of buying. If you have a comment on the quality or price, well thats fine, but let me get them made first. I just made this thread to see if anyone would be interested in much better, and more functional brakes for the w-body.

3.intern8tion9l - 1 set 10.9

4.Blackbombshell95 1 set of 11.25

5. Lakefxgp96 1 set of 11.25

3.intern8tion9l - 1 set 10.9

4.Blackbombshell95 1 set of 11.25

5. Lakefxgp96 1 set of 11.25

6. GhrarhG 1 set of 10.9

If I know, you make a braket to pass 10.9inch to 13inch for 88-94 W-body and braket for 11.25 to 13 inch 95 to 97 w-body .. ?!?

the price ?!

if it's what you say .. I'm in with braket for 10.9inch :)

Yann

The price I am thinking should be around 100$ us bucks. I need to get 300$ to buy a set of brakes. Anyone see any in the JY yard?

If you just need a set of 97+ brake calipers, i can send you a set. just pay shipping. I also have a broken set of f-body calipers, they would be good for verifying fitment. Pay shipping and they are yours to play with.... If you do want them, id like the f-body calipers back with the brackets so i can use them for a core charge if thats OK with you. The 97's work and are yours to keep.

FYI to everyone else. F-body 12" brakes appear to fit behind 16" stars and the standar lumina rim, not sure about x-laces. 17's will allow for just about any 12.7" bear f-body brakes