BIG BRAKES ARE DONE

dohc v6

Good news. Well since that guy was such a dick, I went ahead and did the research. The brakes from w-body store are from the GXP. I found a set on ebay and am buying them

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• blackbombshell95

• BXX

• CSI_MuNkY

I know someone who wants the last set. Dibs. I'll get back to you today

That would be me! Thanks!

No problem.

Keep up the research DOHC. I'll keep checking on this thread daily.

I don't have any pictures. The set-up is very similar, but the bolt pattern is different. The brackets should be pretty easy to mass produce, just tell people to buy there own 2nd gen brakes from the parts store.

So wait... they are just selling the stock GXP break set up saying that it will also fit on first gens?

Jamie

Yeah, y'all didnt know that?? And if I am not mistaken, they are using Napa rotors from the GXP

But yeah, if someone makes some fricken brackets, I am in. Keeps me from making them myself :lol:

So wait... they are just selling the stock GXP break set up saying that it will also fit on first gens?

Jamie

Yeah, y'all didnt know that??

Not for 1st gens.....

Jamie

Yeah, y'all didnt know that??

Not for 1st gens.....

Oh, I missed the part about it fitting 1st gens whcih it obviously wont. But anyone that has a rotor catalog can quickly figure out what rotor they are using..

You might want to make more brackets or sell the design to wbodystore to that they can sell Gen I big brake kits!!

I doubt there would be enough interest....

We don't doubt here, we go for the GUSTO man! Only think positive. Personally i'd try and get MPracing.org to sell them for you! They sell performance parts from WOT-tech on their site!!

Oh also to note, for me to get larger w-body rotors (10.25 to 11.25 I think) you need to have 95+ front assemblies, is this needed for this brake upgrade as well?

How about someone makes a caliper bracket that would allow you to use the 11.25 rotor on <96 without the need to swap front assemblies. If its even possible, I'm in for a set of those! If a bracket can be made for 2nd gens to allow a 13in rotor why not for this application.

its not thtat great of an upgrade to go from 10.9 to 11.25. I am bidding on a set from ebay right now. If you guys want these made, DONT BID ME UP. I will sell the first set of brackets with the rotors and calipers and pads for probably around 350-400. Thats everything you need to install them. I am going to get brand new shit from the factory or hopefully ebay, theres another auction as well with brand new stuff.

i asked earlier if anyone is interested in a 10.9 upgrade. If you want these brackets made and you have the 10.9 size please speak up. I NEED a list of people like this

1. dohc v6 - 2 sets, one 10.9 and one 11.25

If you are going to buy rotors get them from R1concepts. They sell cross/drilled rotors for cheap

And that means...what? They slap some additional machining on some cheap junk Chinese castings?

so wait... your only upgrading to 11.25? If so theres no point in me saying I'm interested, because I have 11.25. I'm only gonna be interested if your doing brackets for 13" rotors as well.

Jamie