hell_raiser

well this sucks, today when i backed out of my driveway i didn't come to a full stop before putting her in drive big mistake let me tell you the car just wint bang and stalled. i was like o ok no biggie i wont do that anymore lol. so i started her back up no problem there put her in drive let off the break hit the gas then it hit me im not moving wtf. so here i am revving the piss out of it trying to move then all of a sudden im moving but its not shifting its like its in 4 gear using some kinda clutch rpms are just at 2500 and im picking up. now im heading up the street taking it to work then i notice i have no power like all my stuff is dead but the gauges and the lights are almost out so her i am pulling into work then boom it stalled, its battery is dead then i got a boost the car died in park. soo do have 2 problems or just my Trans messing it all up?

srry guys let me try to simplify it backed up didnt stop put in drive and hit the gas car stalled. started it back up i had no gears. i reved it a bit in drive like a mad man then it took off but its like its in 4'th gear.

now my battery is dead for no reasion

no i didnt do a ndb (nutral drive burn) :mrgreen: :burnout:

Dude, from all your posts, you just need to sell the poor car and take public transportation :cool:

Also, going from reverse to drive and visea-versa WILL NOT cause your engine to stall.

And another thing, where are you from that you have such a hard time with English?????

this is another car, the reason i suck at forums is because well i'm usaly doing like eight things at once.

any way i made it home but if it was an axle wouldn't i loose all power? and my speedo don't go up when its free revving in drive.

what color should my fluid be dark or light red

i may do a whole 3.4 doch and 282 swap has the ever been done on a sedan?

this is another car, the reason i suck at forums is because well i'm usaly doing like eight things at once.

any way i made it home but if it was an axle wouldn't i loose all power? and my speedo don't go up when its free revving in drive.

-the speedo wouldnt go up, the car isn't moving.

-if the axle is broke, you still might get some movement (I dont have any experience on this)

-fluid should be lighter than darker

-there is no doch engine :lol: its dohc, and if you don't have much knowledge in the area, I wouldn't suggest attempting a swap

dark or light red, i may do a whole 3.4 doch and 282 swap has the ever been done on a sedan?

I'd go with the dark red sedan. And watch those reverse slams, they're hell in the doch.

Dude, I don't mean to be a dick, but maybe you should buy something with a warrenty.

dude im 18 man i work for crappy tire lol im still in school this is as close to a warrenty as i can get it.

dude as for the warrenty i agree lol

and u didnt sound like a dick

-the speedo wouldnt go up, the car isn't moving.

i would if the axle was turning free wouldent it?

-if the axle is broke, you still might get some movement (I dont have any experience on this)

-fluid should be lighter than darker

-there is no doch engine :lol: its dohc, and if you don't have much knowledge in the area, I wouldn't suggest attempting a swap

typo like i said 2 fingers

I'd go with the dark red sedan. And watch those reverse slams, they're hell in the doch.

I don't know weather to :lol: or :thinking:

:lol:, and the whole world laughs with you,

:thinking:, and they'll think you have dandruff.

how did you get the red sedan? and my bad dohc

how did you get the red sedan? and my bad dohc

Just having fun. But you should realize that the only way we know you is thru your writing, so maybe take a little more time to make your posts so we can understand you and your problem, because one of us might actually have some experience with, or good advice for you. Or not! :willynilly:

i understood him just fine. when the car stalled, did it start right back up or did it take a little bit of it turning over to start? sounds like something inside the trans broke. like maybe one of the bands broke or something.

i think if it was an axle shaft, the car wouldn't move. well depending on what side it's on. i have experience with this, but not an a W.

im not sure what would cause the batter to go dead like that. coinsidentall it could be that the alternator took a crap.

If the axle broke, the car woudln't move. If that was the only problem, the speedometer would work and the car would still shift. Its exactly like jacking one wheel off the ground and trying to move the car. Ain't gonna happen.

Almost seems as if the torque convertor locked up when it was put back into drive. I saw this happen with a Jimmy, where you would start it, reverse just fine, then when you'd put it into drive, Sometimes it would work, other times it would default to 3rd gear and the torque convertor would lock up, causing it to stall out. Other times it would just default to 3rd and was slower than shit. I can't remember exactly what the problem was though, this was a couple years ago. But i remember that it was electrical. I dunno what year your car is, but if the alternator is shot, it might be possible that that is the root of all your problems. i would test it and replace it if its bad and then go from there. Bad alternators and weak batterys can cause all sorts of issues. Especially if you have an E transmission.

If the axle broke, the car woudln't move. If that was the only problem, the speedometer would work and the car would still shift. Its exactly like jacking one wheel off the ground and trying to move the car. Ain't gonna happen.

Almost seems as if the torque convertor locked up when it was put back into drive. I saw this happen with a Jimmy, where you would start it, reverse just fine, then when you'd put it into drive, Sometimes it would work, other times it would default to 3rd gear and the torque convertor would lock up, causing it to stall out. Other times it would just default to 3rd and was slower than shit. I can't remember exactly what the problem was though, this was a couple years ago. But i remember that it was electrical. I dunno what year your car is, but if the alternator is shot, it might be possible that that is the root of all your problems. i would test it and replace it if its bad and then go from there. Bad alternators and weak batterys can cause all sorts of issues. Especially if you have an E transmission.

i didn't think about the tc being bad. the tcc switch coulda taken a poop.

well thank god some one got what i was saying lol. ok its like its not going into 1 2 3 gear its in 4 i think like its not shifting.

the car wont move but if you rev the piss out of it for a bit it will but its like its in 4th using some kinda clutch.

im gona try to charge the battery 100% and have anouther car with jumper cables keeping it charged and try to put it in gear.

it is an e trans

now the poor car is chillin lol

im gona try a trans fluid change and filter

could the trans be shorting out my electronics?