What color do I paint my X-Laces?

mra32

So I'm in the middle of refinishing my x-laces. And tomorrow, I'll be running out to get some supplies that i'll be needing. Wheel paint is one of them.

The car as it sits is a 91 Lumina. Light blue color with some black pieces in the rear (trunk lid, euro spoiler, and metal piece below the tail lights) I also have a flame job on the front. Refer to the picture below. The interior is blue.

IMG_6244.JPG

Eventually I will paint the car either satin or gloss black. The wheels will be going on this weekend. I am asking for suggestions for the color of the wheels. I know everyone does black, but I dont think that would look very good. I could be wrong. They were gold, and I don't have much opposition of going back to gold other than I'd like to see the paint stripping I did go to more use than just painting the same color. Anyone wanna P-Shop a black x-lace with a pretty shiny lip onto a black lumina?

picture%20017.jpg

Picture is from warwgn3

DSCN0339.jpg

Picture from gpchris

I've thought about painting the wheels a wild color like lime green or bright ass orange. Before I get the 2 Fast 2 Furious little emoticon thing, I'd like to say that the appearance of this car is somewhat of a joke to me (Ive been driving around with a 5-minute flame job for the past 4 months) but I've always liked black/lime green. And orange makes you look fast.

black x-laces might look sexy but I must say they're overdone. Paint them silver and polish the lip. On a second thought, powdercoat them silver and chrome the lip if at all possible. :)