cutty stb vs GMPP stb

z34Phoenix

I just pulled a GMPP bar off of a GTP at the j/y this past weekend. FTW!

Why not just buy a new one? Aren't they like $20?

Yeah but this one is near perfect and was only $10 :D

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AWeb80

• Euro

• ManicMechanic

• pontiacmaniac94

I just pulled a STB this weekend from a '93 Cutlass convertible. Frankly, I thought I made a bad purchase when I got home and found out I could bend it just by leaning on it. Right now, I don't see how it could do a good job.

You guys say they work...guess I'll have to try it on my Monte.

I just pulled a STB this weekend from a '93 Cutlass convertible. Frankly, I thought I made a bad purchase when I got home and found out I could bend it just by leaning on it. Right now, I don't see how it could do a good job.

You guys say they work...guess I'll have to try it on my Monte.

I didn't see if mine could bend at all, but the improvement was noticeable for sure.

One quick question about the OP's car...where's the windshield washer tank? It should fit over the battery.

His is forward of the radiator, moved it because of his FWI

so why not just throw the GMPP in the trunk? wouldnt that make it handle better? shouldnt be that, but i havent tried yet, i just used the old Buick bar and modified to fit accordingly.

i got a new gmpp bar for 12 bucks. it looks fine black.

anyone have or know of where i can get those end brackets for it? mine didnt come with that. if you dunno wut im talkin about ill have to point it out in a pic

anyone have or know of where i can get those end brackets for it? mine didnt come with that. if you dunno wut im talkin about ill have to point it out in a pic

well, if you ask me real nice, i will sell you a set for 5 bucks shipped, i can get em sent out to you by wednesday, i have both the bar and the brackets, but prolly wont be able to get rid of the bar.....so i am willing to part with the brackets.

Cutlass 3.1 STB roundbar FTW...

OMFG Theres no 3.1/3.4 bar theres a 1991 bar and a 1992+ bar. The round one is the first design (works on all engines) The square is the improved design that also works on all engines..

OMFG Theres no 3.1/3.4 bar theres a 1991 bar and a 1992+ bar. The round one is the first design (works on all engines) The square is the improved design that also works on all engines..

Um...NO. The round bar were found on only the 3.1/3100 cutlass convertibles because they can't fit on the 3.4 cars...and the square bar was found only on the 3.4 cars.

Um...NO. The round bar were found on only the 3.1/3100 cutlass convertibles because they can't fit on the 3.4 cars...and the square bar was found only on the 3.4 cars.

and my understanding is that the 3.1 bar is better.

well, if you ask me real nice, i will sell you a set for 5 bucks shipped, i can get em sent out to you by wednesday, i have both the bar and the brackets, but prolly wont be able to get rid of the bar.....so i am willing to part with the brackets.

ZZP Brackets? I'll take them if he doesn't want them.

For fuck sakes. I have never found a 1992 with a FACTORY square STB. I found one of the LAST 1992s made and it has a round bar.

1993 was the first year for the DOHC in a convertible. THE FIRST 1993 CONVERTIBLE MADE was a 3.4 car. ALL 1993-1995 convertibles got the square bar.

Hell, I've found a few convertibles that have NO BAR. Those will definitely fit a 3.4...:roll:

For fuck sakes. I have never found a 1992 with a FACTORY square STB. I found one of the LAST 1992s made and it has a round bar.

1993 was the first year for the DOHC in a convertible. THE FIRST 1993 CONVERTIBLE MADE was a 3.4 car. ALL 1993-1995 convertibles got the square bar.

Hell, I've found a few convertibles that have NO BAR. Those will definitely fit a 3.4...:roll:

Maybe they'd already been stripped of it...

One had 25,000 miles on it...

Ive heard of dealers pulling them off and sticking them on 3.4L coupes to sell them as more of a performance model to younger people.. Kinda to sweeten the deal..

New one on me Bob...

Dealer in Mansfield did it quite a bit. I was told this by their service department manager a couple years back. Also, another dealer in this area did the same thing, just so happened, I was told by one of their old Salesman who came into AutoZone one day..

ur the best. and ygpm

and my understanding is that the 3.1 bar is better.

ZZP Brackets? I'll take them if he doesn't want them.

they are not the ZZP brackets, they are the brackets for the GMPP bar.....

also, i have em sold....sorry bud.

Brackets for the 2nd gen bar STB bar. Where did you get those? I thought ZZP was the only one that made them to fit the first gens.

Brackets for the 2nd gen bar STB bar. Where did you get those? I thought ZZP was the only one that made them to fit the first gens.

ummm...well, they are quite literally two bolts connected to each other, and you can drill through the strut tower, and you are all set. you can make em fit wherever you want them to.