cutty stb vs GMPP stb

z34Phoenix

Ok those familier with my Z know i have/Had the GMPP STB and used the ZZP brackets to mount it. the handeling was GREAT! car wasnt sloppy when making sudden steering inputs and gave a over all comfortable feel when driving "spirted"

So about 2 months ago i came across a Convert Cutty with the Front STB. and knowing how rare they are i grabbed it up pretty fast. not long after i installed it on the Z.

there wasnt a major noticable diff from the GMPP STB down to the cutty bar. but it wasnt as good as the GMPP stb obviously. the size of the bar alone should be able to tell that. since the cutty bar is about 5/8" solid square bar vs the D shaped tube of the GMPP that is about 1.75 dia.

following are pics of both... the best advantage of the cutty bar is i can remove the upper intake manifold of the DOHC without removing the STB like i had to with the GMPP. you can see the cutty bar hugging the fire wall in the pic.

473859_428_full.jpg

473859_429_full.jpg

so i finally started to miss that razor edge feel of the steering so i desided tonight to try runing both the cutty bar and the GMPP! overkill right? pretty much... i deff dont remember the GMPP being this sharp. deff not a pair you would want for a winter setup where you would see ice.

here is a quick pic i just took of both bars... sorry for the night pic.. i know its not the best.

473859_430_full.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AWeb80

• Euro

• ManicMechanic

• pontiacmaniac94

I think that the GMPP is an eyesore and looks completely "tacked on"....and both at the same time looks ridiculous

I can venture that in his case, he is going for functionality over aesthetics.

I think that the GMPP is an eyesore and looks completely "tacked on"....and both at the same time looks ridiculous

The GMPP bar looks better black IMO

z34engine2.jpg

yeah it is about funtionality. and now i do think the STB would look better black. personally i would enjoy a more stock look. before i was proud of all the mods i was doing and wanted to show them off. but now feel like going for the sleeper look.

I don't think the Buick F-bar one will work as well since you have it connected at only 2/4 spots. Torsion=less strength.

is the gmpp bar the same as the factory equipped one on... say... a 99 or 98 Buick regal GS?

99-02 IIRC. Impalas also got them sporadically. Marty Conlos too.

MC's w/3400 got some wierd ones that aren't the same that twist and curve.

is the gmpp bar the same as the factory equipped one on... say... a 99 or 98 Buick regal GS?

I've seen a few BASE Impalas equipped

• 3 weeks later...

what cars came with them?

I've seen a few BASE Impalas equipped