leman

hiya everyone. Got's me a weird problem and not shure what it is. Anyways my car is a 91 Pontiac GrandPrix 4 door sedan. been having this wierd problem in the front end only on the passenger's side. when your on the highway with the cruise on and there's a uphill part of the road and the car goes to excelerate, so it's appliyng more torque to the front wheels i get this type of wheel hop. If i take and excelerate harder than what the cruise controll does it seems to dissapear. it only seems to do it while using the cruise or when you hold and a constant speed. Before i had a wheel wobble and since fixed that. it was a ball joint. the front tires are wore out but i had them rebalanced thinking it was that, Because any speed over 105km the car would shake like the dash was going to let go. that is ok now. At all speed's car is smooth driving. Ther's no play in the tie rod from what i can tell. The front struts seem to be ok when you do a bounce test on it. are there some other things i should look at or check, if so what and how, As i dont take my car to a garage to be fixed, do all the work myself as garage prices or to expensive and i don't trust them.

I had a very similar problem on my old SE-R when I bought it.

My driver side axle had a ton of play in it (it wasn't leaking, just worn out and loose). I was stupid and let mine go, and it got a LOT worse.

I would suggest checking both CV axles for excessive play and replace as needed.

sounds like what my 93 vert is doing. you can see the rpms fluctuating when it is doing it. it is not a miss, just a lack of power. she has a weak fuel pump.

i think that you are feeling the extra vibration from the TCC being locked and the engine being put under more load.

i assume it does this on any hill at freeway speeds while in CC?

Apparently *I* don't know shit though............it could NEVER be an axle on it's way out.........EVER.

umm, no one said that. we were all just throwing out some ideas to check out.