New Struts/Plates...Same old clunk...UPDATE:SOLVED!

Scottster

I got the car in today, and we went over the cradle and sway bar busings. The cradles were fine, but the outer sway bar rubbers were beat right up. Totally shot.

Replaced them with some new rubber ones (I considered polyurethane, but these were more readily available)

As soon as I pulled out of the garage I could feel a difference! Or rather NOT feel anything, as the car is rock solid now. Going over railroad tracks, rough pavement, you name it...no clunks or noise of any sort!

I am SOOOOOoooooooooo relieved to have this issue resolved! The car is such a pleasure to drive now. Despite the shatty weather, I feel on top of the world right now!

Yay! No more noise!

What was the noise you heard because I have a noise that sounds rubberish but I think its my Struts and mounts going as well as one of my struts has a crack in it.

Did you have rubber left at all because if I look I can see the black rubber that its resting on.

Yes there was rubber left, but it was worn away like little divots in random spots...just enough to alow enough play to make noise i guess. THe sound was a bumping/clunking that would come about whenever the suspension was in movement...like pulling into a driveway, going over tracks, or going over pot holes.

The work cost me $100 with parts and labour.

Beside having the clunking gone, the car feels so much more "dialed in" now with everything nice and tight up in the front end. The overall drivability of the car sky rocketed 300%.