Power Window issues with a 95 Cutty Vert - Cannot figure it out

sunny_8

Here is the issue as best as I can put it:

1. From the Driverside window switch, all windows work fine.

2. From front passenger and rear passenger (both sides) window switchs, the windows do not work.

3. While holding down the driver side switch for the rear window, if I press the rear window switch, the window stops, until i let go of the rear window switch.

So what do you think is wrong ? I cannot figure it out.

I think the motors are fine as the windows work from the driver side switch, can all 3 switchs be bad ? Or is it somthing else common to the other windows ?

Thanks,

No I dont have it locked out.

What you are saying does make sense, it might be that the lockout switch is always on...so other the other passengers cannot control the window.

How can I disable this from the car ? Menaing anything I can do to the driver switch to turn lockout off forever ?

Thanks,

try moving the switch back and forth, and even 1/2 and 1/4 into and out of the lockout position.

I know on my 95 sedan (basically the same switch) the lockout button went too far into the unlock postilion it would jamb. this I fixed by glueing 1 or 2 pennies to the switch housing beneath the switch to limit it's travel.

Just tried it.....dont work.

Also now the driver side window switch does not work at times....

Might just have to buy one from the junk yard and see....unless there is someone in chicago with a working one and would swap it for a few mins to see...

any other ideas ? Can I test this using a mulitmeter ?

thanks

I am out of thoughts for right now, BUT if you can get one cheap, try using (or testing) a 95-97 sedan window switch to see if that works. if it does then you have something wrong inside your switch.

Didn't see this piece of troubleshooting... Did you actually take the panel off and check the connectors to see if they are just loose? Since it seems to be gradually going downhill, it might just be that. If you unplug your lockout, it locks out all the other window switches since when you have it active, that switch supplies power to the other window switches. Then as the switch looses other connections, it will just go downhill from there.

Didn't see this piece of troubleshooting... Did you actually take the panel off and check the connectors to see if they are just loose? Since it seems to be gradually going downhill, it might just be that. If you unplug your lockout, it locks out all the other window switches since when you have it active, that switch supplies power to the other window switches. Then as the switch looses other connections, it will just go downhill from there.

he's right. make sure your connections are good. since it is a vert and verts are prone to leak right above the switch, you might discover some corrosion on a connector even,