Bad news on the Cutlass w/pics UPDATE: Subject is Brakes

19Cutlass94

Believe me, nobody would want the car right now. Theres still alot of work that needs be done :(

Like what? What else needs to be done??

Well heres the list of things it needs right now. Im not sure if itll need more later on...

-Still need to put painted front bumper on

-Replace windshield

-Headlight covers need to be painted

-I need to get the PS system flushed and new fluid put in. The fluid in there is brown, and the PS pump has been whining like all hell lately.

-Put front KYB struts in

-Cut out section of the rear inner fender wells

-POR-15 the front cradle

-Put the front STB back on

-Fix the exhuast

-Adjust the headlights

-I think its gonna need rear hubs soon

-Replace all 4 brake lines

-Needs new brakes soon

-Try to get the hood lined up the best I can

-Needs a new windshield trim piece that I cant get off the other car

-Figure out why is running a little rough, I think it may be the plug gaps though..

Im sure theres more but thats what comes to mind just sitting in front of the computer right now.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 19Cutlass94

• AWeb80

• Euro

• 97loudcut

ohh yeah and it needs:

-rear calipers

-I need to get the calipers and brackets painted

-rear bumper needs to get repainted because its faded to hell

Well I got that on tonight! I also got my front KYB's put in today, with the help of John and his air tools. Also had to cut the jounce bumper because it was already bottomed out! :lol: So I cut that in half and so far so good. I probably should have cut it a little bit more though.

Now what really needs to be done is the windshield. I have no idea when this will be happening though.... I still NEED to get the inner fender wells cut, as the sway bar still rubs on them.. Now I think its time to take this girl for a spin! and start really driving it!!!

For now Ill leave you guys with this cell phone picture because well, my camera is MIA..

803598_332_full.jpg

congrats Jay....you've officially got a thread that is the length of loudcut status.

i was thinking the very same thing...

car looks good too!...

congrats Jay....you've officially got a thread that is the length of loudcut status.

car looks good too!...

Only difference is, this thread has a purpose!!! :lol:

God that looks good!!!!!!

Wait till I get some good pictures of it out in the sun!!!!

Never.

car looks good too!...

Only difference is, this thread has a purpose!!! :lol:

God that looks good!!!!!!

Wait till I get some good pictures of it out in the sun!!!!

Oh yeah, quite the purpose! Your car got smashed and you repaired it :thumb:

Well When I went to do the struts up front, I noticed something that all of the guys lowering should consider. The jounce bumper was sandwhiched between the insulator and the strut retaining nut. Meaning there was NO movement!!! So when I cut that in half, I just about got another 1.5" drop up front! Im still thinking I might be able to cut it a little more, but as of right now its not bottoming out, so I wont worry about it. But either way, what do you ya think?!

Picture%2D02%20106.jpg

I hate shitty days where I cant take the car out! Gotta take pictures in the dame garage. But Ive only got maybe a 2" wheel gap up front. Im still waiting for the weather to get nice out so I can get some good pictures of it.

Heres a couple other usless pictures I found :lol:

Picture%2D02%20105.jpg

Picture%2D02%20108.jpg

BTW: I NEED TO BUY AN OLDS EMBLEM!!! I kinda broke the other one trying to put it on. Dont as how :lol: I need one with the post, as double sided tape does not hold up good!

I hope it comes with the nut for the post on the back though. Last time I tried to make one work, it kinda broke the post :redface:

Ill have to check out the dealer sometime soon, because having no emblem up front is really buggin me!