• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 19Cutlass94

• AWeb80

• Euro

• 97loudcut

lookin awesome, i'm def glad you did all this work

haha, you have a creeper from wheels

yeah me too. God only knows how it would have ended up if the shop did everything...

and yeah that creeper is prolly older than I am :lol:

But as an update. I got the hood back yesturday and got that on. Now I just need to adjust all the gaps. Its gonna take some time to get it perfect.

looking at your pictures again reminded me that your color is the same color that our old 94 Astro van was. I loved that color when it was waxed/clean. It stood out from every other car!

looking at your pictures again reminded me that your color is the same color that our old 94 Astro van was. I loved that color when it was waxed/clean. It stood out from every other car!

Thats exactly why I love it!!! when its clean it really does look awesome, and theres no other color car that comes close!

Heres a few more. Just waiting on the bumper to be painted. As you can see in the pics Im using the one thats all fucked up for right now. Im hoping wed/thurs Ill have the other one and Ill pretty much be done.

Picture%2D02%20075.jpg

Picture%2D02%20076.jpg

Picture%2D02%20077.jpg

Picture%2D02%20078.jpg

Looks good, I am assuming you don't have any front lowering spring on yet do you?

Negative. They are installed. I just havent driven the car at all so they havent settled. Not to mention I put new KYB's in as well. Id give it about a month of driving before it gets to where Id like it to be.

Damn Jay...you've put a lot of time into her and it's paid off. :thumb:

yeah its been about 2 months straight of working on it almost everyday! Shes not completely done, but shes getting there! I still gotta adjust the hood to get the gaps on either side the same. Im really close right now, Im about 1/16" off and its really bugging me :lol: but Ill get it squared away!

Heres more pictures.......

Underneath of freshly painted hood:

Picture%2D02%20090.jpg

The hood gaps. The camera flash it look worse than what it is

Picture%2D02%20088.jpg

Picture%2D02%20087.jpg

Waiting....

Picture%2D02%20086.jpg

NA, I didnt paint it. If I did it would have came out looking like shit :lol: Now that I think about it, I think the hood was popped in those pictures.... which explains why the gap is so big in the last picture.

nice underneath hood....i'm gonna leave the hood matt off my louvered hood when i paint it.

hawt jay....hawt.

I was looking up that insulator for underneath the hood, because I was going to put another one on there. Well I looked it up on GMpartsdirect, and they wanted some crazy amount of money for it, and its a special order item only. So then I saw the underneath of this hood, and now I dont think Ill be putting one back on.

So then I saw the underneath of this hood, and now I dont think Ill be putting one back on.

now its just another thing to wax and keep clean....LOL

HAHA yeah! I dont thnk itll be tooo bad though. Its not like Im gonna clean that everyday. For the most part it should stay fairly clean

No, not really. With today's technology in paint, you can match it perfect. When I took the car outside, you cant tell the difference. We have a $9,000 tool at work that actually takes the smallest sample of paint, and will give you the paint code to match it perfect. Its not really a problem. Not to mention right now Im not going to spend a couple grand to get the whole car painted...

damn looks good! Hood gaps are a bitch to realign i HATE fixing the gap

yes sir. They are a bitch!

Believe me, nobody would want the car right now. Theres still alot of work that needs be done :(

Like what? What else needs to be done??