Bad news on the Cutlass w/pics UPDATE: Subject is Brakes

19Cutlass94

Well it finally got warm enough out for my painter to get everything done. Hopefully this weekend Ill have everything put back together and ready for next week to take it into the shop to get my front springs and lower spring seats put in.

Check back soon for some pics! ;)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 19Cutlass94

• AWeb80

• Euro

• 97loudcut

when those bracket things break for me I simply knock the busted stud out and find a used bolt to screw through the hole. I have bolts and nuts that came off other areas of out cars which means they are the same thread and are still Oem quality.

• 2 weeks later...

The Cutlass is now OFFICIALLY LOWERED! I got the car back today. Rides sooo much better over stock. Although I got quite a noticeable difference over stock in the drop, Im hoping for more when the springs settle. Since i only drive the car maybe a couple miles back home from the shop. But for the shop installing the front springs, lower spring seats and a 4 wheel alignment, $320 after tax isnt bad at all!

I was going to take some pictures when the car was outside, but it started to rain out so I movied it in the garage.

All thats left to do is get the painted bumper cover on, the painted hood on, and get the windshield replaced and shes as good as new! Well actually, better!

Well heres some random pictures for anyone that cares :lol:

The day I got the pass. fender on

Picture%2D02%20058.jpg

The day I got the car home ( hopefully itll get lower as the springs settle )

Picture%2D02%20049.jpg

Picture%2D02%20053.jpg

Here you can see where the addco bar is rubbing on the inner fender well. This WILL have to be taken care of soon. Its more annoying that anything else.

Picture%2D02%20054.jpg

Heres a picture of the bake line re-location. I ran it under the addco bar.

Picture%2D02%20059.jpg

Heres some pictures of the plenum Ive been working on

Picture%2D02%20055.jpg

Picture%2D02%20056.jpg

Picture%2D02%20057.jpg

Front springs, took picture when putting the rims back on

Picture%2D02%20061.jpg

Speaking of rims

Picture%2D02%20060.jpg

Thats all I got for now. Hopefully in the next few days Ill have more.

that's coming along great man. I usually hate chrome but I'm really digging those wheels. that thing should handle great when you're done.

nice...I see you got the brake lines figured out...becarefull running them under the addco bar......i don't wan't your car getting pwned because the rear brakes went out.

Dude, lookin' good!

On a side note: I think it may have been you, but have you ever used a Power Ball on those wheels?

Indeed it was me who used the powerball on the wheels, but not this time around. I did them all by hand. It seems like after you use the powerball, no matter how hard you try to clean it, it kinda gets hrad after a while. That and I usually only polish them a couple times a yr.

that's coming along great man. I usually hate chrome but I'm really digging those wheels. that thing should handle great when you're done.

Thats why there not chrome, polished FTW!!! :lol: But I took it out for a test drive I believe it was friday night, and omg does it ever handle!!! Thats how I discovered the brakeline issue and the rubbage of sway bar on inner fenderwell.

that looks freakin awesome man!!! now get pics of it outside!@

Hopefully tomorrow!!! It suppose to be nice out all week, and Im gonna try to shoot home real quick tomorrow after school to get some pictures of it out of the garage, but no promises!

nice...I see you got the brake lines figured out...becarefull running them under the addco bar......i don't wan't your car getting pwned because the rear brakes went out.

I figured I could run them under the swaybar, because when you go over a bump, the swaybar doesnt go down, it goes up. That and with the ass end on jack stands, suspension completely unloaded, although they were touching, the rubber line didnt seem like it was stressed at all. Sooner or later Im going to be upgrading to stainless steel brake lines, hopefully they will be longer than the rubebr hoses, but we shall find out. I took it for a quick drive with the lines under the swaybar, and they seemed fine to me. But maybe next time Ive got it up in the air when I take out a section of the fenderwell, Ill look for a better stop to put them. Ill have to take a look at your pics again, but any ideas?!

Thanks guys!!! Its coming together, but its not completely there. Sometime soon *I hope*

Well I took the car out of the garage yesturday, and I figured what the hell, I take some pictures!

checkit.gif

The blacked out corners. All wetsanded and cleared! Pictures didnt turn out too well, but owell.

Picture%2D02%20073.jpg

Picture%2D02%20074.jpg

The polished plenum Ive been working on. Didnt turn out too bad so far, although I still think I can do a better job on it

Picture%2D02%20069.jpg

Picture%2D02%20067.jpg

Picture%2D02%20068.jpg

I finally got that muffler taken care of! Before it was hanging down and looked like ass. I was finally able to get it tucked up there so now it looks good! I just need a good tip for it now!

Picture%2D02%20070.jpg

Picture%2D02%20071.jpg

Ive thought about that, but Im not too sure. Ive got an extra one, so maybe Ill paint that and see how it looks. I just like the black because it gives some contrast.

Yeah the corners were done with nightshades. I wet sanded them with like 1500 and put a couple coats of clear on them. I wish I would have made them a tad darker though even though the pictures dont show it like that...

yeah, I did mine with that krylon paint, and it looks good, but if I do my tails I want to do it with real niteshades, which means I need a second set of front corners to test, and then a second set of tails so I have spares :lol:

yeah, I did mine with that krylon paint, and it looks good, but if I do my tails I want to do it with real niteshades, which means I need a second set of front corners to test, and then a second set of tails so I have spares :lol:

i'm one PM away.