want to turbocharge your 3.1? tip-

Guest TurboSedan

Guest TurboSedan

if at all possible, buy a complete engine with wiring harness, exhaust manifolds (at least the rear one), crossover, downpipe with bracket and flange to the rest of the exhaust, turbo & oil/coolant lines, the radiator, intercooler, IC pipes, radiator hat, get the automatic as well if you are keeping it auto. i think Jason got his complete TGP engine for $250, i got mine for $350. unfortunately it is a rare engine and it's hard to find local people parting out a TGP. so plan two:

before i found this engine i spent alot of time and money on ebay looking for TGP specific parts from lots of different sellers (mostly ebay & this forum). i ended up spending $847 on TGP parts and that's NOT a complete VIN 'V' engine! granted the complete TGP engine didn't include the turbo, and i also got 2 extra intercoolers and 2 extra crossover pipes in my quest for Almighty TGP parts (btw there is a TGP downpipe & exhaust manifolds on ebay right now....) all these parts were supposed to go on my 208,000 3.1 VIN 'T' engine i have in the car right now. i'm not sure what to do with all of the parts now :?: even if you did find a complete TGP engine on ebay or online somewhere, expect high $hipping costs.

i guess what i'm trying to say is that 'piecing together' is the wrong way to go about turbocharging an n/a 3.1 MPFI V6 engine. honestly, get a whole drivable car within reasonable distance and part it out. they seem to be going for under $1000 right now on ebay and you'd have a TGP drivetrain + lots of extra parts to ebay off.

joshua

or be like me... get a complete 3.1 for 30 bones and build it up from the ground... titanium pistons and rods, port and polish, stage 3 cams, SS valves, titanium springs, roller rocker arms.. all kinds of god stuff...

I have just about everything now but some misc hoses and fittings.

I have the TGP crossover, turbo, pipeing, intercooler, boost controler solenoid, plenum and some other stuff.

Then I got a saab intercooler as well a bov, spare oilpan, engine and gasket kit, i'm only in it for about 400 bux so far, not to bad, i think its all about not being in a rush, you just have to keep your eyes open and wait for a good deal to come along.

Guest TurboSedan
i'm only in it for about 400 bux so far, not to bad, i think its all about not being in a rush, you just have to keep your eyes open and wait for a good deal to come along.

good point. i bought one of my TGP IC's that didn't even include the charge pipes for $86/shipped on ebay. then i noticed that TGPilot sold his for a mere $27 or so! then i buy ANOTHER TGP IC on ebay that included all of the piping for $110! if you gotta have it you gotta have it guess :) patience patience. i even spent $175 for a TGP downpipe & plenum. i have alot of stuff for sale soon (see for sale section) but i need to get it all cleaned up & boxed up before i post on ebay.

joshua