Everyones W-body winter woes

rockfangd

My mileage has pretty much stayed the same. Although the car idles like it were a diesel. :willynilly: Its a new motor, but still has a shitty idle. Other than that I really cant complain. Has always started and its great in the snow. Parking underground certainly has its advantages :lol:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rockfangd

• warwgn3

• Psych0matt

• Addicted2bass

Holy crap I just did some math on my car... 250 kms per 60 liters, (155 miles per 16 gallons), thats 9.7 mpg city... Damn, my car REALLY needs a tune up, either that, or my calucations are flawed.

In the Summer I'd get 400 kms per 60 liters, (249 miles per 16 gallons), or 15.6 mpg.

Is this seriously normal for a 3.4L? if so, then I'll go buy an Olds Custom Cruiser with a 307. Atleast I can tune those to get 19mpg city...

I get 21 mpg or so with a 2.2 four cylinder. But that's because I have to floor it to keep up with traffic.

Anyway, with afternoon temps of 15º F here, my car is definitely being affected. Today when I started my car, it took extra long to start (longer than usual), and it waited 2 or 3 seconds after I shifted to reverse before it caught and started rolling backwards. My steering was effed up too - hard to explain, but sort of "lumpy" feeling. :-x

Yea I just did the math, ive got around 15mpg the last couple tanks of gas, i was previously getting around 22. I got better thatn that last winter in my lumina WITH a gas leak!! Somethings gotta be wrong.

My car sat all day sunday in below 10 degree temps. I dug it out from under the snow monday and started it. The poor engine sounded very weak, it barely startin and was idleing at around 1500 rpm, when i turned the wheel the power steering pump sounded like a dying cow! After i drove it for a bit and the fluid got moving it went back to its normal self though.

One other strange thing i noticed, my lifter knock goes away when it gets really cold out, i thought that was odd.

sorry but mpg means nothing in the winter at least not for me because i have watched my odometer roll by just spinning the tires. SO basically i only drove 25 miles but my odometer thinks i drove like 35. lololol

sorry but mpg means nothing in the winter at least not for me because i have watched my odometer roll by just spinning the tires. SO basically i only drove 25 miles but my odometer thinks i drove like 35. lololol

You'll have that every now and then.

my parking brake cable is almost dragging along the ground

Mine too

My hoodlatch cable froze and when I popped the hood open streched out. I can still get it open, but the cable is streched so much my interior latch stands up on its own :confused:

my parking brake cable is almost dragging along the ground

Mine too

My hoodlatch cable froze and when I popped the hood open streched out. I can still get it open, but the cable is streched so much my interior latch stands up on its own :confused:

My hood latch broke on the inside, its no longer attached to the plastic handle so i have to open pop the hood with a pair of pliers :mad: