Gold Edition took a big hit...

ToroToro

Wow, that is a mint car, hope it fixed up nice!

Jeff, my '96 cutlass is almost $70 CND for the basic plates, and $700 deductable...

Then about $20 a month more for the full coverage, with a $50 deducable.

All in all, just under $100 bucks a month...

awesome!

I Though my package policy is little over $200/yr now because I have two vehicles on it (Lumina, RX-7)...but yeah for the sake of argument I subtracted the RX-7 off the price.

You are probably getting a two car discount. One car would be 65-80% of the full price, most likely

plus you live in an area with a lower population, which means less traffic, less theft, and lower insurance.

plus you canooks are all nice people so you probably don't crash as much as us americans! :wink:

I dunno about the two car discount thing...but I guess a lower population helps keeps costs down lol...plus a crown corporation for your only choice for car insurance helps I guess...

haha..when I was in the states (North and South Dakota mind you) I found everyone drives super slow compared to up here lol..I was thinking to myself that when ppl saw my "Saskatchewan" plate they probably thought "fuckin retarded Canadian again" lol

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ToroToro

• jeremy

• 1990lumina

• 19Cutlass94

My insurance is finally dropping. Mainly from owning a very safe car(for once), and not being in an accident in over a year :lol: Anyways, paying about $330/6 months for liability($100,000 for each accident(covers bodily injury and auto repairs), medical payments, etc....).

Im paying around $800/yr for full coverage on my car. Thats actually really good for a driver my age. Only reason why Im not paying $1500+ for full coverage is because of all the programs that my insurance has.

We pay around $1200 for both cars (green GP with liability and Malibu with full coverage). I also have two tickets that should have fallen off my record, and when our billing cycle ends in April, will reduce our premium.

Sorry about the car. I understand your anger and fustration, and if the people who hit the car were assholes, then fuck them.

However, this is a pretty vicious thread. Not every young person making $8 an hour can afford shitty, basic, no collision insurance costing $125-plus a month, usually for beat-up 15 year-old cars. Sometimes I can't. Am I a bad person? I have to juggle bills every month, and sometimes otherwise important stuff doesn't get paid so I don't get entered into the eviction process.

The insurance industry needs major reform. Barely-legal PLPD on my '88 Cutlass valued at $650 was $128 a month. I was 19 years old, and I only had one ticket on my record from when i was 16. Insane.

In less than half a year, I had paid more in insurance than the car was worth. And nobody sees a problem with this?

I'm not even going to get into what insurance for my '93, or Sunfire is.

It's simple, if you can't afford it then park the car. Driving without insurance is illegal, and you wouldn't want to be faced with having to pay out of pocket for damages you caused. Not to mention if anyone gets injured.

I guess poor people don't deserve to drive, or cars for that matter.

Oh well, they're poor, they want to be poor, and they deserve to be poor. They don't need to have a way to get around.

I'd be nice if the fat insurance industry would spend some of their lobbing dollars on reducing insurance rates for income-limited people, but we all know that will never happen.

It's always the woe is me syndrome with you?!

I mean yeah people don't want to be poor and I agree that insurance rates especially in Michigan are way to high. But I mean I don't think anyone said they don't deserve to drive.

It ended up being 997 bucks worth of damage. His insurance company is working out a payment plan with person who caused the damage.

The paint work looks amazing!

after003.jpg

after001.jpg

looks good as new +1 for that body shop

definitely. its hard to find a good body shop these days.

its looks great man. but whats that spot above the supreme emblem on the passenger side? or am i seeing things?

Sorry about the car. I understand your anger and fustration, and if the people who hit the car were assholes, then fuck them.

However, this is a pretty vicious thread. Not every young person making $8 an hour can afford shitty, basic, no collision insurance costing $125-plus a month, usually for beat-up 15 year-old cars. Sometimes I can't. Am I a bad person? I have to juggle bills every month, and sometimes otherwise important stuff doesn't get paid so I don't get entered into the eviction process.

The insurance industry needs major reform. Barely-legal PLPD on my '88 Cutlass valued at $650 was $128 a month. I was 19 years old, and I only had one ticket on my record from when i was 16. Insane.

In less than half a year, I had paid more in insurance than the car was worth. And nobody sees a problem with this?

I'm not even going to get into what insurance for my '93, or Sunfire is.

It's simple, if you can't afford it then park the car. Driving without insurance is illegal, and you wouldn't want to be faced with having to pay out of pocket for damages you caused. Not to mention if anyone gets injured.

I guess poor people don't deserve to drive, or cars for that matter.

Oh well, they're poor, they want to be poor, and they deserve to be poor. They don't need to have a way to get around.

I'd be nice if the fat insurance industry would spend some of their lobbing dollars on reducing insurance rates for income-limited people, but we all know that will never happen.

It's always the woe is me syndrome with you?!

I mean yeah people don't want to be poor and I agree that insurance rates especially in Michigan are way to high. But I mean I don't think anyone said they don't deserve to drive.

What the fuck is that supposted to mean?

I'm sorry i'm not as privilaged as you, and sometimes can't come up with the $ for insurance costing yearly double the value of my car.

When you get fucked by a friend on a car you bought from them, get laid off without any warning, have to pawn nearly everything you own to pay rent because of that, get back to me.

Hell, if you go through any hard $ times, get back to me.