Gold Edition took a big hit...

ToroToro

That sucks!

How the hell did he get talked out of calling the cops?

I guess just hope the rear supports didn't get to fucked.

Exactly. I got lucky & mine were somehow not damaged. That kept the cost of the repair down big time.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ToroToro

• jeremy

• 1990lumina

• 19Cutlass94

When Chris and I were in California, we got smash served by some DIPSHIT in a big-ass Chevy truck. I think I posted about it. He backed into us. And while normal people would look back at what they hit, this bright bulb smashes the pedal to the floor and does a burnout on the front of the poor Tracer. Naturally, the dipshit didn't have insurance. We called the police.

Apparently in California, or at least in Anaheim, if it didn't happen on a public road (we were at a gas station), they can't do anything about it. Stupid people.

Let me know if you need some tailights, i've got one super mint one and one that i had to glue a small chunk back on to that i'd sell at a rock bottom price since i don't need 'em

When Chris and I were in California, we got smash served by some DIPSHIT in a big-ass Chevy truck. I think I posted about it. He backed into us. And while normal people would look back at what they hit, this bright bulb smashes the pedal to the floor and does a burnout on the front of the poor Tracer. Naturally, the dipshit didn't have insurance. We called the police.

Apparently in California, or at least in Anaheim, if it didn't happen on a public road (we were at a gas station), they can't do anything about it. Stupid people.

yeah that still pisses me off, poor lil tracer...

yeah that still pisses me off, poor lil tracer...

That shit would be on the 5 'oclock news here.......

so how's your G-pa taking all of this? i'd be fuming, especially on a car that mint

Eh he's not too pissed. He knows it'll get fixed so no biggie...

Sorry about the car. I understand your anger and fustration, and if the people who hit the car were assholes, then fuck them.

However, this is a pretty vicious thread. Not every young person making $8 an hour can afford shitty, basic, no collision insurance costing $125-plus a month, usually for beat-up 15 year-old cars. Sometimes I can't. Am I a bad person? I have to juggle bills every month, and sometimes otherwise important stuff doesn't get paid so I don't get entered into the eviction process.

The insurance industry needs major reform. Barely-legal PLPD on my '88 Cutlass valued at $650 was $128 a month. I was 19 years old, and I only had one ticket on my record from when i was 16. Insane.

In less than half a year, I had paid more in insurance than the car was worth. And nobody sees a problem with this?

I'm not even going to get into what insurance for my '93, or Sunfire is.

Sorry about the car. I understand your anger and fustration, and if the people who hit the car were assholes, then fuck them.

However, this is a pretty vicious thread. Not every young person making $8 an hour can afford shitty, basic, no collision insurance costing $125-plus a month, usually for beat-up 15 year-old cars. Sometimes I can't. Am I a bad person? I have to juggle bills every month, and sometimes otherwise important stuff doesn't get paid so I don't get entered into the eviction process.

The insurance industry needs major reform. Barely-legal PLPD on my '88 Cutlass valued at $650 was $128 a month. I was 19 years old, and I only had one ticket on my record from when i was 16. Insane.

In less than half a year, I had paid more in insurance than the car was worth. And nobody sees a problem with this?

It's simple, if you can't afford it then park the car. Driving without insurance is illegal, and you wouldn't want to be faced with having to pay out of pocket for damages you caused. Not to mention if anyone gets injured.

It's simple, if you can't afford it then park the car. Driving without insurance is illegal, and you wouldn't want to be faced with having to pay out of pocket for damages you caused. Not to mention if anyone gets injured.

I guess poor people don't deserve to drive, or cars for that matter.

Oh well, they're poor, they want to be poor, and they deserve to be poor. They don't need to have a way to get around.

I'd be nice if the fat insurance industry would spend some of their lobbing dollars on reducing insurance rates for income-limited people, but we all know that will never happen.

I guess poor people don't deserve to drive, or cars for that matter.

Oh well, they're poor, they want to be poor, and they deserve to be poor. They don't need to have a way to get around.

I'd be nice if the fat insurance industry would spend some of their lobbing dollars on reducing insurance rates for income-limited people, but we all know that will never happen.

See, any excuse won't prevent a cop from giving you a ticket for no insurance, or bail you out of trouble when you are at fault or even NOT at fault when involved in an accident. There are other modes of transportation besides a personal car. Also, I don't know how it is elsewhere, but in NY if you don't have insurance on a vehicle, the DMV gets notified quickly, and will revoke your registration. So now it's no insurance/ no reg. I don't think anyone here without collision coverage would be too forgiving if you get hit by someone driving with no ins.

No kidding. And even if you have comprehensive you are stuck with rate hikes and the deductable.

If you remember when my '94 got hit by an uninsured, unregistered driver, you know how fucking pissed I was. Over a grand of damage to that car. You know how much of that I've seen?

It's simply not fair to drive without at least liability. When you get into that position, you'll agree.

And this thread isn't vicious at all. I haven't said a single word about the person who caused the accident...which is quite a surprise considering they hosed my grandfather to dodge a ticket, and fucked up a very nice car. Like I said, as long as it gets fixed right, he and I dont give a shit.

I think the prices they charge even good driving teenagers is ridiculous. If I wasn't on my mom's policy, there's no way I could afford the insurance, period.

I wouldn't drive without insurance, though. I'd be in an even bigger world of trouble if I were to get into an accident.

I think the prices they charge even good driving teenagers is ridiculous. If I wasn't on my mom's policy, there's no way I could afford the insurance, period.

I wouldn't drive without insurance, though. I'd be in an even bigger world of trouble if I were to get into an accident.

I agree. On my 1992 Beretta 2.2 base, liability insurance has steadily risen since I got my license, and now it's at $918 dollars and some change EVERY 6 MONTHS. And that's with the car in my grandma's name and me registered as a "part time driver". :( Good thing I don't have to pay insurance with the money I make at work, because I'd have to quit driving if I did.

man insurance can hose us.

myself, I finally had my own insurance at $400 for 6 months on a 75 buick for the first time starting at the age of 19. basic, period.

I now get basic plus uninsured to cover my ass. I'll take the blame for my own fault. if i damage it it's mine to fix. But if i damage of hurt somone else, or someone does the same to me, I want to protect myself. period.

some people do not want to spend the money on insurance and think they can get away with it. some really are too broke to pay for insurance. I've known both. Insurance is less important then rent but more important than alcohol, tobacco, cable tv, or whatever else they chose to spend their money on. Whoever thinks they can run without insurance... better get their priorities straight.

I feel for those of you who are underpaid and struggle to make ends meet, but it is something you have to have.

anyone

I feel sorry for you guys down there...holy shit so of you guys pay alot for insurance with little to no benefits to even having it...

I pay $600/year for my plates (here, "plates" means you HAVE basic coverage with a higher deductible ($700)

I also pay little over $100/year for my package policy which pretty much covers everything (road hazard, glass, comprehensize, theft, vandalism, pretty much everything....plus a lower deductible (mine is $200, but you can go lower if you want)..

So little over $700/yr for car insurance (I rounded the numbers off a touch)..and that's in CDN funds too!

Anyway I can't see paying even more then that for insurance...hell my car isn't worth it at all lol...if I wouldn't be stuck with a $700 deductible I'd be running with plates and nothing else...sure I could change the package policy...bot for an extra $100 a month for pretty much full coverage..fuck it. Though my package policy is little over $200/yr now because I have two vehicles on it (Lumina, RX-7)...but yeah for the sake of argument I subtracted the RX-7 off the price.

Anyway hope that car gets fixed soon man!!

I Though my package policy is little over $200/yr now because I have two vehicles on it (Lumina, RX-7)...but yeah for the sake of argument I subtracted the RX-7 off the price.

You are probably getting a two car discount. One car would be 65-80% of the full price, most likely

plus you live in an area with a lower population, which means less traffic, less theft, and lower insurance.

plus you canooks are all nice people so you probably don't crash as much as us americans! :wink:

Wow, that is a mint car, hope it fixed up nice!

Jeff, my '96 cutlass is almost $70 CND for the basic plates, and $700 deductable...

Then about $20 a month more for the full coverage, with a $50 deducable.

All in all, just under $100 bucks a month...