Jeorge

I have Finnally Riped out my old harness and started to install my new one that I paid TO MUCH FOR $125 and it included the switch...this harness is the one that Runs from the Pass side inside firewall and ends at the Horns.... well I Figured I we would be smart...and Test it before Putting it in...well DAMNIT I still do not have headlights I have Fogs and Parking/turns but Damnit....so I figured I paid so much for the books for this POS I tested the wires in the harness by Putting a Leed to the Wire of the colors of headlights...well they worked..so now I am in a bit of a Pickel....My car is Jacked up and The alt, coolent bypass, and bottom of the Dash all Riped apart....I have Tested and the switch is good how ever if I Run a Jumper from the constant power for the switch to the Dimmer still no lights...I have Gone to the Junction box after that and still no lights...so now what? Rip all the Headlight wires out and put in new wires. in the Dash?? We forgot to Grap the Fluk out of my Friends Lumina before starting this so We will have to wait to test for an Ohm Drop or gain...and to test the voltage...

Oh and to top it off My Tool box got riped off Sunday night....Grrrrr...it was in my car and I forgot to Lock it...nothing else is gone just my 150piece Socket Set.... so now I have to Wait untill payday to get more tools......I use Stanleys because they hold up well and I do not have to fork out $1300 for the set....insted under $100 so its no big deal but still somepeople I never get Shit riped off....

SO if you have a Headlight issue Check the Wirew BEFORE ripping apart your car to get at them... Just go on the Pass floor with a torx driver and seporate the Junction box {its the small clump with about 10-20 wires..not the one with like 100} and Run a Test lead to the Wire for the Headlight FIRST.......and see if your headlights work... if they do its before that point......

yep, the Guy I bought the car From Replaced all the Relays too thinking that was it...it Spent 2 weeks and $600 in a Garage only to have the Lights work for about a month....then I bought it...I noticed that some of the Ground wires where a little melted....so I bought this harness thinking it was what was wrong...

Guest fatguy

Jeorge,

I'm telling you, jump the tan (brown maybe) wire at the DIC module (behind/above glovebox) from one side to the other. I had this same problem with my STE and this fixed it. The DIC doesn't know when I have a headlight out, but oh well. Please drop me an email with your phone number if you need help. I too have pulled my hair out with this one.

Corey

cmccarthy@rushmore.com

Jeorge,

I'm telling you, jump the tan (brown maybe) wire at the DIC module (behind/above glovebox) from one side to the other. I had this same problem with my STE and this fixed it. The DIC doesn't know when I have a headlight out, but oh well. Please drop me an email with your phone number if you need help. I too have pulled my hair out with this one.

Corey

cmccarthy@rushmore.com

Well Corey You where Right...

I found out what happend to My Right side Brake light while I had the Dash apart..

I had a lot of patching to do because of the alarm that was in it....

I notice the High beam and low beam wires where melted Right at the Dic module and that cant be good....but Right now I have hi and lows...that work the way they where supost to.....

I had to look and fallow all the wires..and now its all good...I will have to find a Dic module to replace mine soon....

Next is new injectors....anyone work for Gm that could get a Great discount???

Oh and while I had my Dash apart...I made the intercooled turbo light up..I put a Red Light out of a bonni in it and it matches my other lights perfect...I also replaced my burnt light at the top of the speedo....I also noticed the check guages light was missing so I did not put that in....

I also put a STE turbo Badge right below my Trunk lock I think it looks cool....I wish I would have kept the Plain STE badge for that though....

Looks like I'm going to be trying to jump some wires near the DIC in the next few days. Jeorge, got any pics of your new trunk look?

No I need to get a New Camara.....,

to get to the wires...

take the Glove box out...

then you will see a black box that looks like a amp being it has a heat sink on it...

its the two side wires for the head lights.

Low beam Jump the Tan to yellow/black right across from each other.

for the high beam its the Green to green across from each other...

Now all I need is A HUD for my next mod....any one have one ?? for sale that is...

Thanks Jeorge...I will try that this weekend. I have an extra HUD, tan, that I don't need anymore. I can get you pics if you want.

• 2 weeks later...

I just fixed my headlights! :cheers:

Jumped the tan wire to the yellow/black one. That module that I bypassed, is that the thing for the DIC that only the STE has?

I would think that only the stuff the other DIC doesn't have goes through there. Like lights, hood, trunk, and door open,...Someone correct me if I'm wrong.