i just bought a complete TGP engine!! :)

Guest TurboSedan

Guest TurboSedan

for $350 + tax! it came from a '90 Turbo STE - the same one on my website. i got the complete engine (111,000 miles on the instrument cluster), minus the turbo (already gone but i have one anyway), no ECM, and no accesories. it DID come with the complete engine wiring harness, radiator, intercooler, plumbing, fans, radiator mounting hat, downpipe and exhaust to the cat, etc.....

i was really really wanting to get the WHOLE car, but in the end they wouldn't sell it to me :( i'm not sure why.... too bad - another VERY restorable Turbo STE going to the crusher soon :cry: i pulled the Turbo STE emblems off the doors and STUPID ME pried them off and i chipped some of the paint off. they still look fine but i wish i had used some guitar string or fishing line instead (anyone need Turbo STE emblems?)

so now i pretty much have two complete TGP setups! i even ended up with 3 TGP intercoolers and 3 crossover pipes. my plan is to rebuild the TGP engine completely, with lower compression pistons and a T3 turbo, bigger front mount intercooler, BOV, alcohol injection, custom chip for use w/5-speed, bigger injectors blah blah. i'm still going to turbocharge my current 206,000 mile 3.1 with all the extra parts i already have, but i'm not expecting it to last long even under 5 psi max. woo-hoo!

joshua

The yard wouldn't sell you the STE? :( Bastards....why must they crush things if someone actually wants them? :cry: The price of steel must be really high right now.

Right on man!! :cheers: Don't you dare say you got it out of a Colorado yard! Twalt and myself may visit you to extradite the parts back to the proper state!! :read:

Awesome deal...you could sell just the radiator and easily get your money back on the whole package! 8)

hey that car had leather right?

wat condition are the seats in I need a drivers seat with out any rips or anything..

also did it have a Sunroof?? if so I need the whole thing its easy to remove if you remove the headliner and see what they want for that too....and with or with out head liner.

Guest TurboSedan

nope the car is in a salvage yard up here in Gillette, WY, which is my home town. i'm actually living in Laramie tho so it will be in my brothers garage for awhile till i get it down here. the car has a sunroof, but no leather. i asked them how much they wanted for the instrument cluster and they told me $100! i think a better deal could be found on ebay. the transmission is still there but i don't know what they want for it. they told me the hood was sold to a guy in Colorado already but it's still on the car (?). otherwise i got pretty much everything turbo-specific already, besides the ECM (chip) which is useless to me since i'm using a 5-speed. i'm hoping to pick up the engine tomarrow or the next day. i made sure and told them NOT to cut ANY wiring when they take out the motor.

btw, i do have a HUD & graphite dashpad from a '91 STE that i got from a salvage yard in south Denver (Colorado Auto Salvage). if anyone in the CO area with a GP wants HUD i'll sell it for $75 and i can probably deliver it too. it includes the pigtails, dimmer switch, and height adjustment switch (broken off like most are). the dashpad isn't perfect but not too bad, just some hairline cracks.

joshua

Guest TurboSedan
The yard wouldn't sell you the STE? :( Bastards....why must they crush things if someone actually wants them? :cry: The price of steel must be really high right now.

that DOES suck!!!!!! that car is a piece of Pontiac history with ASC/McLaren heritage. only 1000 TSTEs made. :( i'm guessing it ended up with a salvage title...

joshua

Josh,

Could you send me some pictures of the HUD, Is it a complete kit (meaning HUD, Dash w/ proper brackets & wiring). I have i HUD already but the (*@@#ole) on E-bay who sold it to me "forgot" the brackets for attaching to the dash / wiring / etc but I do have a HUD??

I'm in Colorado Springs, Co

Thanks,

Thomas

Guest TurboSedan

sure i'll try to get some pics. it might take me awhile since i don't have internet service at my house at the moment. it's complete, includes the HUD unit, the bracket, the dashpad, all wiring pigtails, dimmer switch and height adjustment switch (broken). you'd have to rewire the HUD plug tho since the HUDs changed from '90 to '91...

joshua

Thanks for the quick reply Josh,

I'll be traveling for a few weeks anyways, one stop on my trip is to see a TGP getting parted out, so If you get a better offer....

And yes, just like Jeorge I am looking for Leather for my STE also, If I remember correctly there a few STE's in your neck of the woods...

Thanks,

Thomas

I have been waiting for Pictures of that Hud for a month....

but he has gone down in Price?

I only need a Drivers seat my other leathers are perfect...if I go to get a Katskinz conversion maybe we could work out a Trade if I can get a perfect drivers......and I can just have your Cloth converted.....

Guest TurboSedan

you haven't heard from me because last i heard you wanted me to wait a few weeks till you had the money or something, i dunno, so i pretty much didn't take you seriously. personally i would rather NOT ship the dashpad, and sell all of it to someone locally for cheaper to avoid shipping hassles. if i sold it to someone in CO i could meet them in Denver when i go junkyarding down there sometime. or i could sell the HUD and ship it with everything BUT the dashpad for a reasonable price - but then it would be up to you to cut a hole in your dashpad.....

joshua

Guest TurboSedan
Josh,

Does the STE still have the center front light with the "Special Touring Edition" inside of the circle around the Arrow head?

Thomas

i'll check today as i'm just about to go check on my engine. i'm pretty sure the front light bar is there and i'll check the condition and price. i know the rear light bar has a hole in it tho....

joshua

For Shipping a Dash pad all you would need to do is Wrap it in Plastic wrap and ups charges a $5 charge ontop of regular shipping so it would come to about $15 for shipping...

but yeah I am interested in it when you Drop it from the 120.....

you haven't heard from me because last i heard you wanted me to wait a few weeks till you had the money or something, i dunno, so i pretty much didn't take you seriously. personally i would rather NOT ship the dashpad, and sell all of it to someone locally for cheaper to avoid shipping hassles. if i sold it to someone in CO i could meet them in Denver when i go junkyarding down there sometime. or i could sell the HUD and ship it with everything BUT the dashpad for a reasonable price - but then it would be up to you to cut a hole in your dashpad.....

joshua

Guest TurboSedan
Cool, I think I am going on a road trip to WY on Fri....do you have the address to the JY? Maybe we could even meet.

Thomas

Nannemann Brothers, 1810 Gold Drive, Gillette, WY

phone # 1-800-462-5673

i'll be back down in Laramie on Friday tho.

joshua

Guest TurboSedan
Josh,

Does the STE still have the center front light with the "Special Touring Edition" inside of the circle around the Arrow head?

Thomas

yes it's still there. i was there yesterday looking at the STE while the guy was pulling my engine. there were no cracks in it but the center STE circle was faded a bit. the wiring pigtails were all there with it and in good condition. they told me they wanted $85 for it (sounds a bit steep IMO). i asked about the transmission and they want $350 for that.

joshua

Pilot -

I drop the girls off @ 0700 the bus (STE) leaves @ 0715 (must get Starbucks first!, I was in withdraw)....

Sorry to post so early, time zones are a killer. The better half is going out with her girlfriends tonight (AKA the milkman??) I plan on doing the I/C mod tonight if you are boored....

"Chief"

Stop the press...thought it was in Laramie, WY, not Gillette Wy. According to MAP Quest it is a 8 hr 54 min drive one way. Think I;ll let my fingers do the walking.

Thanks anyways.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TurboSedan

well here it is:

http://www.captaineleven.com/jerm/imcarpix/june/turboV6.jpg

the engine didn't come with the turbo; i just stuck the one i had on there for pics....

and the rest of it:

http://www.captaineleven.com/jerm/imcarpix/june/turboV62.jpg

i am pulling the wiring harness out of the donor car today and also picking up the oil cooler & lines, as well as the rest of the stock air box stuff. i think i have my work cut out for me! :)

joshua

Guest TurboSedan

holy shit that TSTE had WAY more wiring than my CS does. i ended up giving up on the ABS wiring since my cars doesn't have it anyway. i would have had to take the entire dash apart to get it all. i hope i don't run into any problems. honestly i think i might just keep my '90 GP 3.1/manual harness (with custom chip) and get a grainger valve for boost control. i got the whole engine wiring harness tho, the rest of the air box stuff, and the tranny cooler & lines. all in good shape but dirty.

i'll have some extra TGP stuff for sale soon, i just gotta get everything sorted out and cleaned up.

joshua

Guest TurboSedan
i ended up giving up on the ABS wiring since my cars doesn't have it anyway. i would have had to take the entire dash apart to get it all. i hope i don't run into any problems

i cleaned up the TGP wiring harness and laid it all out on the ground to take a good look at everything and identify what all the plugs were (i'll probably have MANY questions later!) everything seems to be in good condition, and it looks to me that the ABS wiring is completely seperate from the engine wiring harness.....which is GOOD cuz i didn't get it and i don't have or want PMIII brakes anyway :)

Guest TurboSedan

ok ok so i'm post whoring today :twisted: it's looking like i'm going to have the TGP engine VIN 'V' in the car much sooner than expected. the car went to the salvage yard due to a bad turbo & it was abandoned (i have oil ALL OVER the IC pipes and the turbo was gone to begin with). so, i'm expecting this 111,000 mile TGP engine is still good and i can hopefully get some more miles out of it. to be honest tho, the oil level was full but it was also almost black :( i don't know if a bad turbo would cause this or if the previous owner just didn't take care of it? (probably both). i'm not going to change the head gaskets or anything; basically clean the shit out of it and use the TGP T25 turbo i already have. run full manifold pressure to the wastegate (4-5 psi boost?) and go from there.

the n/a 3.1 VIN 'T' i have in the car right now is really healthy despite it's 207,000 miles, but i'm still not sure if i'm going to use all of my extra TGP parts to turbocharge that engine or sell the parts and get some cash. just updating everyone, thanks for listenin'

joshua