Intlcutlass

looks good, but you forgot to shave the deck lid key hole! Many props to you, much more involved than i would get if i didn't have a huge pole barn.

w3rd

That looks like a PITA

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Intlcutlass

• slick

• J

• GnatGoSplat

wow that looks like it was a lot of hard work. Good job. I don't know if I would have the patience to be able to do something like that even if I knew how to.

Thanks for the comments guy...

But it's not done yet!!!

I used the same type of paint as this guy:

album_pic.php?pic_id=273

So thats my goal finish.

I didn't want to shave my decklid keyhole....I could have, but I think I like it there....What I really wish I could have moved and hidden was the gas filler tube.

Yes, but nothing picture worthy.

I had to re-shoot my decklid with epoxy because of 1 low spot I missed. I tried sanding it out, only to make a bare metal spot. So I had to fill that in and re-shoot epoxy....

I started wetsanding other areas for their final shoot.... I should be shooting cc soon....I going to do the final coats a panel at a time to ensure perfection.

Where the foglights get mounted there was a little "airfoil" moulded into the bumper. I cut it out.

Cool! I've actually been thinking about doing that for a couple of years now, just never had the balls to do it because it's an irreversible mod! :lol:

Where the foglights get mounted there was a little "airfoil" moulded into the bumper. I cut it out.

Cool! I've actually been thinking about doing that for a couple of years now, just never had the balls to do it because it's an irreversible mod! :lol:

You'll like what I've done since then too......

I have to clean it up some, but I'll take some pics over the weekend ....

What'd you do, shave the ribs from the sides? I've been wanting to do that forever.

If you'd be willing to do all that over again, I'd give you our '88 free just to see it look nice again. It would probably have been a better project to start with - all original GM body panels, all straight, and considerably less rust on the underbody and suspension parts!

Once you have the pictures, just email them to me, and I'll host them up as well. The pictures that your sending me isn't hardly taking up any of my available space on Photobucket, so send away!

What'd you do, shave the ribs from the sides? I've been wanting to do that forever.

If you'd be willing to do all that over again, I'd give you our '88 free just to see it look nice again. It would probably have been a better project to start with - all original GM body panels, all straight, and considerably less rust on the underbody and suspension parts!

As much as I would have liked to get rid of those... I didn't, mainly because the urethane filler I used to fill in the holes on the bumper where the licence plate went, it doesn't feather very easily, so to fill in those lines, would probably look like shit.

I'd like a free 88... But it would take years, and I have the Fiero Formula in the garage, so I would have to decline. I would like to do that though.... Turn a 88 into a clean lined classy sport touring car burning E85, with custom paint, and with all the goodies I could find.....

Look how long it's taken me to get to this point with my 89.... I have had it now for what.. 8 years now... and it still won't be done for a little while anyway.... Why? because I want to do it right. It's supposed to look like a factory job on steroids...Cleaner, tighter & more powerfull.

Anyway, thanks for the offer and the compliments Shawn....I have always tried to copy your car, becuase it is that beautiful. I love the deep red in yours, but I have always been partial to black, and that factory red would have been impossible for me to duplicate, so it's the perfect time to break away a little bit.

I was at the bone yard and picked up some 94 door panels with the graphite pleather, so I grabbed as much as I could wich included the rear panels.

I also found this site: http://www.garysupholstery.com/foamback.html

and I think I want to use the pleather on the headliner as well...the velvet and cloth seats just seem (to me) to make the car too dusty.

I will have to order charcoal carpeting, and redo the seats in the pleather too, because I just don't want to give up the power lumbar, so I can't just swap the seats from another leather donor car.

Hell, by the time I get the motor done, internal combustion engines will probably be illegal.

If you don't want to buy all new carpet, you can dye yours. I found a write-up online. Pick up about 8-10 packs of the appropriate Rit dye, water, and salt. The salt helps adhere the dye to the fabric. It doesn't leave it feeling hard like a lot do. It is just as soft as the factory carpet would be.

If you don't want to buy all new carpet, you can dye yours. I found a write-up online. Pick up about 8-10 packs of the appropriate Rit dye, water, and salt. The salt helps adhere the dye to the fabric. It doesn't leave it feeling hard like a lot do. It is just as soft as the factory carpet would be.

I have thought about that... but new carpet would be sooo much cleaner & nicer.

I have thought about that... but new carpet would be sooo much cleaner & nicer.

I couldn't agree more.