This is what happens when you dip your car!

NeonKnight

This is what happens when you dip your car, and the rear shocks are still the original AC delcos that came with the car when it was made in canada back in 1991... not to mention my muffler is stock too....... has W canada stamped on it... : / dammit why couldnt the orig owners upgrade!

Strut mount is fugly!

01-13-06_1152.jpg

Bad strut mount

01-13-06_1151.jpg

still the same one

01-13-06_1150.jpg

this was my left rear strut, drivers side.

horrible little guy, even the strut was leaking. I would expect that out of an 148k miles car. but i would not expect the strut to be the original AC delco....

also wanted to add, sorry for the shit-tay pics, camera phone does no justice.

I believe my Lumina has original GM rear struts with 226,000 miles, and they work fine. The are on my car with 207000 miles, but they were transplanted with the entire axle to my new lumina from my dead one when it was about 19000 miles ahead.

Where is the stamping? and can you show your stamp?

speaking of which my vert had the orignal themo from ACdelco at 127000 miles. Yeah it was bad! :lol:

lol they were ac delco blue struts with stamps. yes sir, i had a parts guy and a tech working with me this morning redoing the fronts, and yesterday the rears. i threw away the old ones. if i get time ill try to find that stamp, i think i left one of the old ones in the garage. im pretty sure i did, lol i did it is the leaky one too :D i will try to get a pic up in a day or so of the stamp.

Also my Vin starts with 2, that is the vin for canada.

1=USA

2=Canada

3=Mexico

no, the first vin digit is the country of orgin (where it was made) both my Luminas start with 2 = canada, all the family olds start with 1 = US it has nothing to do with where it is intended for use, however, I think most Gm cars could have gone either direction, except for maybe the use of DRL. And DRL is almost a drop in feature, so as simple as sddeding a duluxe cluster on the assembly line.Thats to say that cars are generally built to meet spec for both US and canada.

ALL luminas were made in canada

Right on, sir

Grand Prix' (including mine) were built in Fairfax, KS a suburb of KC.

Impalas are now built in Canada, Malibu's are now produced in the Fairfax plant.

free? is there a free to use carfax info??? or do you really mean that that is included when you run a vin?

yup.. go to carfax.com [for free] it tells you the age/kind of car/where it's built/that's about all.. :lol:

I just assumed all 1st gen W's were made in Fairfax, cause my GPs were.

11th Position: PLANT CODE Example: 1G2WL14T6LF000001

1 = Oshawa, Canada

9 = ???, Canada

D = Doraville (Atlanta), GA

F = Fairfax (Kansas City), KS

Gas Break Dip. you hit the brakes, then the gas, then brakes again really fast after wards, double footing helps, and the car starts dipping :)

its one of those things that us californians in the East bay area do :P

What does "dip your car" mean? I've heard of dipping ice cream, or your dance partner, even that old song called da dip, but I never heard of dipping your car... :|

I PUT MY HAND UP ON YO' HIP, WHEN I DIP YOU DIP WE DIP

Oh man, I know what I'm listening to in the car now...

What does "dip your car" mean? I've heard of dipping ice cream, or your dance partner, even that old song called da dip, but I never heard of dipping your car... :|

I PUT MY HAND UP ON YO' HIP, WHEN I DIP YOU DIP WE DIP

Oh man, I know what I'm listening to in the car now...

Now that's old school :lol:

first vin digit 5 is USA, not 4 FYI

I replaced all the struts on my car with less than 35k on it because of leakage/age.

I would do the fronts also...you cannot tell if they leak. I would replace them, my car rides/handles so much better

try it sometime jeremy lol. its really fun, especially in a cadillac, or a crown victoria. something with nice suspension. my brother does it in his yukon 4x4, he slaps it into 4-low and stars gassin n brakin!

roffles :D

By the way i finally got those pics for the guy who wanted to see the stamped numbers on the struts. here you go buddy...

01-15-06_1333.jpg

01-15-06_1332.jpg

01-15-06_1331.jpg

01-15-06_1330.jpg

01-15-06_1329.jpg

there you go, sorry for pics, was bright outside and i couldnt see phones screen haha

the numbers look like "81831 PK04"

Yea dipping is hard on the brakes and suspension and gas. but when you can get your ass end of the car to hit the ground, you gain respect :D

Yea dipping is hard on the brakes and suspension and gas. but when you can get your ass end of the car to hit the ground, you gain respect :D

At the expense of your car? Sounds like you deserved what you got. How asinine. :roll:

At the expense of your car? Sounds like you deserved what you got. How asinine. :roll:

agreed, good way to crush or tear off some exhaust components, or scrape and crack your rear bumper cover, not to mention how shitty our brakes are anyway or for TGP/GTP owners, our Front Valence getting scraped or crushed