Top Posters In This Topic

• Prospeeder

• TGPilot

• Garrett Powered

• Gearhead43

rockin 8)

GOD DANG IT IS ABOUT TIME!!!! :wink: :lol:

Just kidding...but glad we could help! :cheers:

Well what all did you take off in the process? Did you bump or unplug the DIS module somehow? Maybe slip and break the connector?

One more for me! :lol:

Dude you got lucky, everyones turbo is goin out lately. Looks like I lost the bet.

Just get a blow off valve and keep it that way. You might want to have it rebuilt right now for a couple hundred, instead of waiting for it to be un rebuildable. But if it don't smoke now it should be alright.

I have had the same 1G DSM BOV on the TGP since I did the 5-speed swap...never leaked and still working perfectly.

You will need both the BOV and the flange it bolts to. You will have to have the flange welded onto the charge pipe. I chose the lower charge pipe to get it out of the way. Some have put it on the upper pipe. Some have theories that the placement matters...it does NOT matter where you put it! As long as you are venting the charge air it is doing it's job! 8)

Ok what the hell, I started it, and it ran just fine, i shifted it into gear, it died, now it wont start, and the RPM gauge (also known as a TACH, lol), the need goes down below 0 when cranking, uhg, its hot right now, but do yall think that stupid plug is broken and popped out again when it moved the motor when shifting?

Ok, it was the DIS plug, it seems the Plug connects, and has the latch if you will, and it gets bent upwards by the nipple on the Oil pan for the oil return line, So it doesnt latch and slowly comes out till no more connection, i cannot get it to go on anymore, and i dont think the female connector to the DIS moves, i dont wanna break it, so what can i Do? Stiff wire to hold it to gether? like a paper clip?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/Prospeeder/disconnect.jpg

heres a drawing i made for those who cant understand me

Thanks for that advice.

I can't remember what that even looks like off the top of my head of if there would be any way to zip-tie it on like most of the guys do for their MAP plug. In fact, I'm not even quite sure where you're talking about. I'd try anything that wasnt' metal. Metal around that area seems like a real bad idea. :lol:

Edit: no, erik. Your "RPM gauge" is called a tach(ometer).

Oh duh! sorry, i wasnt on that post anymore, and he said its called a tach, and i didnt know what the "latch" was called, so you know, i naturally assumed

Zip tie sounds like a good idea too, how heat resistant are they? Like, engine heat wont boil them off and then leave me stranded?

Why does your motor move when shifting? Bad lower mount?

To check the lower mount shift it from rev. to drive while having your foot on the brake. If the motor shakes around alot, needs a lower motor mount.

A little off topic. I just seen it happen too many times.

Ifr the motor moves exessively, that would mean your lower engine and tranny mounts are gone or about to go... Neglecting those only adds to the wear and tear of the upper mounts ... So If you're gonna do it right...... Replace all 4 mounts at once....... :wink: :idea:

The hydraulic moves a little more than the poly mount actually, TGPs all have hydraulic fluid filled. I had gone through a lower mount per year for a while before I got my new rack and pinion.