• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prospeeder

• TGPilot

• Garrett Powered

• Gearhead43

its here, i just gotta put it on and put the car back together, i also just got the PCV valve out and back in, the hose didnt crack or nothin, so good news, the old one didnt rattle. I had to move the motor forward and then pull sideways on the PCV and it popped out, if u pull on it straight out, it wont come out, and when it goes back on, put the PCV in the valve cover, THEN slide the hose over the PCV, thats easiest

Well what all did you take off in the process? Did you bump or unplug the DIS module somehow? Maybe slip and break the connector? Check all the wiring and connectors around all the piping or couplers you pulled of. Check your TPS, IAC, and DIS connectors.

Like you said...check for fuel and spark and let us know! :wink: 8)

oh, i also uh, dropped my ratchet and it hit the battery post and it arched it and made lots of sparks, then i accedently did it AGAIN with a metal clamp, made a spark show, this wouldnt have fried anything would it? I checked my DIS and IGN fuses, they were fine, but i replaced them anyway, still no start

( THis was erlier btw, i still need to check my DIS conections!)

WHERE IS THE DIS?

Cant find ANYTHING broken, unplugged, or ripped, all my fuses are good, what the FUCK, this car is so retarded, i still gotta check for spark

Hold on man....do not blame the CAR! It was running previous to a repair as simple as an oil return line. :?

Check the fuseable links! God I hate it when we try to help people troubleshoot and it's a...."oh I forgot to tell you I used a rachet to try and weld the battery to the frame!!!" :roll: :shock:

I am going to sound like a prick but I do not mean too...Smarten up dude! When you come to people on the net to help you troubleshoot you need to give every fact that you have. We are not there to see or hear what is happening and to leave out something that SEVERE as a fireworks display under the hood...it does not help us to help you! :wink: 8)

Fuesable links? Im not familar with those, do u mean in the underhood fuse box the clear plastic fuse like things that are big and square? almost the size of a relay? Those looked ok, the little link inside isnt blown on any, im not sure how i would test those. Is that what your talking about?

If I tell you how to check the fusable links, your going to hurt yourself.

they are the little black things in the power wire starter wire attaching to the starter. do you have any power in the cab with the key turned on to the acc position?

a fusible link is an actual WIRE that acts like a fuse and melts when there is a dead short. They need to be replaced with new ones now that you melted them. Don't worry, now you can upgrade the starter and alt. It will be a lot of fun, your car will run nice after this. And if you got any questions we can help you out with it.

You should start with a cs-130 d and a 97 grand prix starter out of a junk yard. Should not be too much$ just low ball them they will take whatever they can get.

Trust me. :twisted:

well it cranks, the starter works just fine, and i have perfect power in the cab, everything works, it just doenst have spark. How would i actually check them? like if i look at them will it be melted? Im not quite sure where exactly they are, just right next to the starter?

They are on anything electrical that uses a large load on the battery so the car don't burn to the ground.

alt, starter, aux./charge post. They all have fusible links. The main ones that could have been damaged by what you did are probably the aux post

Yes, i checked the ECM Fuse, it looked ok, i should prolly take my Fuse tester to it. Wheres the AUX post one, Would that stop it from starting? And Would i have any power what so ever if that did happen?

Ummm.... I'm gonna jump in again here.....

If you shorted the term. across the battery twice, I would seriously check the ICM Module for a short , Or the ECM might have had a short... If the ICM is shorted you will not see any CRANKING RPM's on a tach or the Scanner tool.. It would help you to get an OBD1 Scanner or ask to borrow one from someone. If the ECM is shorted< you might be able to rule this out by swapping a ECM with someone who has a known good one....

If the fusible links check out ok.... Then these things are next in line.... You should've disconnected the Neg part on the battery before attempting to wrench on the TGP SO close to the battery.... I've learned that lesson LONG ago..... You can indeed melt a wrench shorting across the battery terminals like you did... And possibily cause yourself some nasty second degree burns........

Thanks for all the Help BTW!

I dont know where the fuseable links are, or what they look like! Im not quite sure on the RPM cranking, ill check tomarrow, i reset the ECM, so ill try that in the morning, and the ECM, wouldnt the SES light not come on with the key on if it was bad? cause It flashes code 12 just fine, but who knows!? will a regular 3.1 Computer work just fine to check with? not to drive of course, but just to start? And if it does indeed turn out bad, is it just the chip, like i could get a Jeff M Topgun 160 and it would replace the fried part?

I thought there were fuses for a reason, they pop if a certain amount of electricty goes through them

No the ECM is the big black metal box the chip plugs into. That and what looks like 60,000 wires! :wink:

Did you actually check for spark yet? I did not see that in your recent posts.

You need to start with the basics...spark and fuel and go from there. Hell you may have sent a high current spike down the line and it fried your fuel pump...doubtful but who knows till you look into the basics! :wink: :wink: 8)

Fuel pump is running fine, it gets fuel, i checked for spark, none at all

oh and i didnt cross the Neg and Pos terminals, i hit the pos terminal while grounding it out the the frame or the turbo?? and it sparked

Ok it runs, im so FUCKING happy right now! OMG :mrgreen: I barley pushed out the DIS connector i FINALLY found, it was saturated in oil, so it was difficult to find, but i got it all, fired right up runs top notch, guess what.....NO SMOKE, well, from what i could tell!