Mark another Bichmount/Intrax'd GP!

92 GP

OK, so i got new MOOG outter bushings for my birchmount, what about the inner bushings? I looked all through the computers trying to find them and came across nothing. Don't even tell me this is a factory only order!

Surely there are new bushings i can get for this?

Updated;

24511492153.jpg

+

597888_170_full.jpg

=

24511254845.jpg

24511255593.jpg

:D

I haven't even driven it around yet, so it's definately going to drop down a bit more once the camber readjusts itself, from being on jackstands for a week (worked on an off when i got time)

I'm getting a new brakelight switch put in today...putting it in when i get off work, that way the car is street legal! Then off to get it inspected, then more pics!

:D

KYB-GR2's all around (new mounts/boots as well, all around)

Intrax front lowering springs

birchmount rear lowering transverse leafspring

MOOG Polyurethane rear bushings for leafspring

Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings for front anti-sway bar

Re-use the inners

cut them off the old leaf......and be careful :wink:

Damnit! I was doing great, but i missed out on that part :lol:

I used a knife from my kitchen...hehe.

But i slipped on one part...and at least my finger is still there, although it doesn't feel like it :shock:

And another hint for people...i dunno if you did this dave, but cutting those bushings in half (heightwise) helped a lot as well.

Being as this leaf is like twice as thick as the OEM one, cutting at least one bushing in half helps out. With the full bushings I couldn't get the fuckin brackets on there!

But now it's all done, pics here in a couple hours :D

looks good...cept the rear seems a tad high yet...you might wanna get it aligned also, if you werent planning on it already...i'm sure the rear alignment is messed up from changing the spring...that might make it sit a little different!

Knife was too hard for inner bushings, use a chisle, also i did not need to trim anything off, the spring is thicker but the inner bushings will still fit. Just put them in place and tighten er up!

Well i cut'em anyway, for extra lowering :lol: :D

BUT! I took it out for a ride today.

I LOVE IT! I've been building this car on handling, and it's stiff as hell. I love it!!

Maybe you guys that are going for looks don't like it, because you're wanting comfortability as well. I'll sacrifice comfortability for handling :mrgreen:

So if you like good handling...BIRCHMOUNT :mrgreen:

And for the intrax...damn. Good thing they didn't go any lower! I hit a little bump and my wheel rubbed :mrgreen:

the back is still sitting pretty high, hopefully it will drop when some miles are put on it.

Yep. So far from everyone that has it, they've all said after a good handful of miles were put on it, it dropped more.

Which is understandable if you've seen the spring itself. It's got four leafs very tightly put together, so it's all good. :D

I see my next big purchase for the Cutlass..

hell yea! If you love good handling...god...i was slaloming down the road...NO BODY roll WHATSOEVER! :D

And thanks for backin me up on that Dav :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well,

The ride is fuckin AWESOME

I love it so much!!!

The front seemed to have lowered even more, i need to get pics. There's like 1/4" clearance between the inside of the fender flare and the wheel. It looks like the wheel is up inside there a bit :D

The rear's still settling out, of course. But damn...i LOVE the ride.

And i also...ahem..."accidentally" unbolted/removed my mufflers. WhOOPS! :roll: :lol:

I'm trying to get my bud to come get a video of it :D