The Official W-Body Production Numbers Thread

fastbird232

Reason I asked is I think there is a pretty rare Cutlass on Craigslist in Florence, SC.  Red 92 International coupe with the 3.4 DOHC motor in Cheraw if anyone wants to see/possibly buy it!  It has the pie alloys, moon roof and looks like it has HUD in one of the pics if you look hard enough.  Guy wants to trade but also has it listed for $1500 so maybe he would just sell it too.  Little body damage but looks promising and he says it's his daily driver so must run decent.  Looks like black leather quad seats too!  Anybody in that area from this forum could buy it?  Be cool to have this car but I already got too many projects and no more room.  Hopefully someone appreciates it.  Don't want it to end up at the yard!!!!

Yes, the last Int'l was 1993. 1991 was the last year for the full UB3 digital cluster, 1993 for the bast digital cluster; AQ9s were standard on all Int'ls through 1993; DIC's last year was 1991 and they are very rare with less than 1000 total coming with it; Door mounted speakers came with the higher end stereos.

Although most 1992-93 Int'ls came with the 3.4 DOHC, there were still a handfull made with the 3.1.

Here is a 1992 WR54X car (Int'l sedan with 3.4).

I thought it was 92? I've seen a couple 92s with the digital clusters on Row52. I thought it was the base digital cluster that left in 91.

Hmmm interesting on the door mounted speakers. My Lumina Z34 has them but my 94 Cutlass didn't. I've seen in Regals they got a "Concert Audio II" system. Tweeters near the dash, and a speaker towards the bottom of the door.

Great info guys.  So it looks like the 92 cars are pretty rare and the 93's are really, really rare.  Didn't know about the door mounted speakers, my 91 has that option.  It was also born with factory CD player.  Were the speakers only for CD player equipped cars or did the higher end cassette radio also have this option?  Were the 92-93 International cars pretty loaded with options to maybe clear out the parts bins at the factory?

Out of curiosity, how does your CD player look like? is it the one with the equalizer on it?

A car didn't have to be an International to have the features we associate with one. I've seen internationals where the only thing they have is the UB3 cluster but not the AQ9's. They get the regular seats. I assume manic would know more but my guess is that a 92 or 93 Intl would have the 3.4, the HUD, and possibly the AQ9's.

[/url]">http://http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/jiggityjohnson/media/2016-08-07%2020.08.46_zpsxowcupnj.jpg.html'>2016-08-07%2020.08.46_zpsxowcupnj.jpg

Here is the CD player, not the original but it is out of another Cutlass - 91-94 model year.  Got it from someone on this site, sorry I can't remember who.  Car was born with factory CD (listed on the RPO sheet) but was tossed when it quit by the original owner and replaced by a shitty aftermarket one.

I thought it was 92? I've seen a couple 92s with the digital clusters on Row52. I thought it was the base digital cluster that left in 91.

Hmmm interesting on the door mounted speakers. My Lumina Z34 has them but my 94 Cutlass didn't. I've seen in Regals they got a "Concert Audio II" system. Tweeters near the dash, and a speaker towards the bottom of the door.

Out of curiosity, how does your CD player look like? is it the one with the equalizer on it?

A car didn't have to be an International to have the features we associate with one. I've seen internationals where the only thing they have is the UB3 cluster but not the AQ9's. They get the regular seats. I assume manic would know more but my guess is that a 92 or 93 Intl would have the 3.4, the HUD, and possibly the AQ9's.

How have you seen digital clusters on Row52? They don't show the interiors.

Convertibles did not get the door speakers, though if I recall, the passenger side is wired for them but the driver's side is not.

Standard on the International were the AQ9s, they were the only Cutlass to get them and all Internationals from 1988-93 got them. They were even in the 1994 service manual but were not used that year. HUD was standard but could be deleted for a credit, most of them were optioned to the max however, i did once find a Canadian car that had manual windows. In 1992, the standard International engine was the LH0 3.1 and it was the only 3.1 powered Cutlass to get the lip spoiler and matching taillights.

That's what I thought too about the seats.  I didn't know about the HUD being standard, so that's very interesting.  I thought that 91 was the last year for all digital clusters?  So only 3.1 powered cars got the lip spoiler and lip tail lights or am I getting that wrong?

All Int'ls got the lip spoiler and tails in 1992-93, but the 3.1 powered Int'ls were the only 3.1 powered cars to get them.

List of Cutlasses to get the lip spoiler:

1992-93 3.1 and 3.4 Internationals

1994-96 3.4 coupes

1993-95 3.4 convertibles

1997 coupes which were all 3100 powered.

Now, one time I did come across a seemingly totally original 1993 SL 3.1 sedan that had a full digital cluster. Makes me wonder how it got there, if perhaps the original owner asked the dealer to put it in because he liked it better or what.

Also came across a 1992 Cutlass Supreme S (base model) with HUD once. Ran the VIN and it was put in by the factory. And a 1989 Cutlass somewhere in the EU that had a base cluster and HUD.

That is so cool!  I don't know how you do it but I'm glad you do!  Those cars if they still exist would be something to see.  Would love to buy that 92 International but like I said, too many projects and the car is 18+ hours from me.  Suppose I could have it shipped but I just don't know.  Would love to have it but also love the digital clusters in these cars.  I'm kind of a OEM guy and the pointer clusters just don't do it for me.  I don't think I have the heart to change it out to a digital one if it originally wasn't suppose to have one.

How have you seen digital clusters on Row52? They don't show the interiors.

Convertibles did not get the door speakers, though if I recall, the passenger side is wired for them but the driver's side is not.

Standard on the International were the AQ9s, they were the only Cutlass to get them and all Internationals from 1988-93 got them. They were even in the 1994 service manual but were not used that year. HUD was standard but could be deleted for a credit, most of them were optioned to the max however, i did once find a Canadian car that had manual windows. In 1992, the standard International engine was the LH0 3.1 and it was the only 3.1 powered Cutlass to get the lip spoiler and matching taillights.

My mistake, I was thinking of LKQ. Crazy Ray's in Baltimore is LKQ owned and there's 5 yards that they own that operate under the name "Crazy Ray's". Usually they get picked clean by the time I get there. I got lucky once and found the UB3 out of a 91 Cutlass but I don't think it was an International.

Ah, well the UB3 was optional in any CS.

The first years of these cars are strange. My Regal is base as can be but it has the UB3 cluster (but the Buick version though).

• 10 months later...

I see no one has posted on Grand Prix production numbers for a while, but I wanted to throw this one on here for reference.  I bought a new 1993 Grand Prix SE Coupe with the DOHC 3.4L V6, the Getrag 5-speed manual, and the B4U option.  Being an SE it did not have hood louvers, but otherwise looked just like a GT.  When I heard the announcement that they were dropping the 5-speed manual for 1994, I later called to get information on how many 1993 Grand Prix's had the 3.4L V6 and 5-speed manual.  There were 46 made, with no breakout by SE or GT. Though I knew it was rare, and so much fun to drive, it had water leak issues that the dealer could never figure out completely.  So with only 33,000 miles on it, I traded it on a new 1998 GT Coupe.

• 9 months later...

What are the production numbers of the 40th Anni Sedans? I have one, wiki doesn't say.

Contact Pontiac with your vin. Usually they can pull that stuff up if they kept the info.

Total 40th Production
7,222 units

Breakdown for the specific model is as follows

GT Coupe
967 units

GT Sedan
2,871 units

GTP Coupe
1,128 units

GTP Sedan
2,256 units

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've read through this entire thread and am left wondering:

How many 91, 92, 93 Grand Prix GTP's were made with the 284 transmission?  .  Found data for some but not all the years.  Mostly interested in 91'