yet another SERIOUS idle/overheating problem

Rabbi

my car still idles at 2k in park,and drops in drive to 1500

the other day i had a vacume line unhooked,i hooked it up and the car ran at 1000rpm's. Then i started it tonight and guess what? its at 2k....... before i plugged the vaccume line back in,it idled at about 3500,because it kept bouncing off the rev limter.

well now i notice i have an overheating issue causing the front of the car to smoke, near the front exaust manifold. This starts about 30 seconds after cold starting the car. I Just did the timing on my car,and i did it by the book. Maybe i just need to bleed my cooling system??

any suggestions guys?

also i noticed that all my radiator hose's are pretty tight when the overheating starts,and one of the back coolent hose's gets hot as fuk. The lower part of the cam carrior also gets extremely hot,on the "Tabs" , the two flat peices facing downward.

do i just need to bleed my coolent system?

and what the hell is up with my idle?

guys im POSITIVE i did my timing exact so im very certain its not the timing, But is there anyway it could jump time so quickly and this causing the overheating? Ive driven the car ZERO miles since the belt swap, And its been started 3-4 times for maybe 30 seconds or so with this overheating crap going on. This is NOT oil burning off the manifold or anything, The manifolds get very very very hot.

my fans also do not switch on.

Did you turn you heater on full blast??

I know I did some work on my RX-7 which involved air getting into the cooling system. and there was an air lock in the heater core.

Maybe check that there isn't an air lock in the core...I just cranked th heat to full and everything was fine, waited till all the air was gone, then shut the heat off and all was fine.

Your fans don't switch on because the fan switch is generally on the radiator, not the engine...

I immagine you need to bleed your coolant system... I've not been into a 3.4 much, but do they have the same bleader cocks as the 3.1? If so, you need to open those up and get the air out of the system... In the 3.1, if you don't get the air out of the system, there is no water touching the thermostat, which causes it to stay closed, which, in turn, causes the engine to overheat...

Mike

IT would make sense that the fans aren't turning on then...because if there is no flow, the coolant is still cold...which is why the fans don't turn on...guess I learn something erveryday