Why my car=teh suck Long read but I need some advice

5speedz34

Well, it was hotter than shit these past few days but I needed to get this stuff done on my car.

A friend and I put the new fuel lines on yesterday. Everything went rather smoothly other than the fact I had to work around the shift cables which was a bitch.

The fuel lines clipped up fine, Aaron was right though, if they where about 2" shorter they would work alot better. Eventually I will get a custom set made.

Well, here are the pics:

Newline3.jpg

Newline2.jpg

Newnewline1.jpg

The return line makes a 90* bend which I was kind weary about but it looks fine to me.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5speedz34

• Aaron

• Supreme Cutlass

• gp90se

I'm glad you can see my car is half assed after never seeing it.

then it's ok if i say it? Cuz it was half assed, Tony and i will be fixing it little by little to get it back to safe driving condition. Some of the things you did are stupid as hell. Sorry to take thread off topic............

Oh and don't get me started on the cogs you sent out

Just a suggestion, get some of the heat wrap for the fuel lines, keep them cooler since there close 2 the headers.
Yeah I plan on it, Ben has got some stuff he thinks I should use.

• 2 years later...

I have regular lines going to my fmu from my return line on the fuel rail. they seem to work ok, never had them pop off. the feed line is a braided ss line. I had the stock connectors welded on to a -6an fitting. When I get the obd 2 put on I will change the return line to -6an as well. I can get you a pic if you like

When I get out to CO springs next, since my brother lives there, I will have to take a look at this car. I would be interested in testing out some of my ASE skills. Not for working on it, but for safety type stuff. I should be out there in the next couple months, putting injectors in my brothers Subaru.

I LOL'd. I hooked up my 96 fuel rail to 5spd 92 lines way back in 03'ish? No problems at all.

Did you splice the lines the same way?

No, they plugged right in! Don't be a newbie! :lol: