Alright. Carnage pics. edit: pulled the head.. new pics

GutlessSupreme

:shock: That just sucks.

Get that car and put it on CHECK! :lol:

I say put the car in storage and forget about it till you get your other "priorities" handled. Then find a stout 3.1 and build it with good hard ware and parts so this won't happen again.

I was really into my 91 Taurus back in highschool long ago. It was my first car. That car was traded to me for servicing my neighbors large projection tv from a fuzzy pic. Only needed coolant flush on the tubes :) ..then clear pic. The car was in a electrical fire. Needed new fuel lines, whole engine harness, relay box and wires, head lights, header pannel, all engine accesories and distributor and sensors. WELL after all that work..the SOB fired up 8) . WOrked like a charm for the rest of school. During the summer..it stoped shifting..Then the engine decited it was thirsty for coolant and craked the cylinder wall. NEw 96 engine and a rebuild trans we found at the junk yard and it worked wonderful..well the engine trough a rod after I had sold it to my exGF brother. Made him a deal since I still felt connnected to the car :? :?: . .Another engine off a 92 and DETAILD THE ENGINE WITH PAINT TO MATCH CAR (5hrs work..F@#@ feelings :lol: )and it worked fine for two minitues to find the radiator leaked..(was still the "fire" radiator). Got him a Police package radiator from the J/Y for price and it worked. Then next day my exGF moms calls and says I am worth a SH :!: T because its leaking trans fluid. Turns out the torque converter seal decided not to play along.

Moral...

FIX THE SUCKER. I wasted my time on a turd of a car..yours actually has value. You spent too much to just turn back.

Clean it and fix her all up man! You'll regret it if you get rid of it.

Hell, I've fought many battles with my RX-7 getting her to run good, and fixing all the oil leaks and whatnot...some repairs left my whole hand totally useless because of dumb ass designs that are hard to work on, only later to find out it is still leaking oil, but from a different area.

Hell my dad put a new engine into his Suburban this summer after damn near the same thing happened to him as happened to you. It costed damn near what the truck was worth, but he still did it.

Even if you store the car for a couple years to get everything in order, you'll be happy you did.

I have neither the time or money to keep working on my RX-7, so it is being stored for awhile (like 1-2 years). After that time period I'll be done high school, and I plan to totally restore it. Rebuilt engine, removing body panels to get rust off, dusts removed, prep, and have them painted. Also might look at some other upgrades while this is happening like a total cat back exhaust. I want to restore the interior to original, so I'll have to replace the pieces of the wiring harness to make the original stereo and amps to work since some dumb shit hacked it all up installing a piece of shit h/u years ago. I also have to find many interior parts, and get some modern technolgy installed like keyless entry, security, etc.

Anyways, I say keep it and fix it. Even if it takes a bit to get done!

• 3 weeks later...