Best place to get cheap gasket kit for 3.1?

dbtk2

My sister has apparantly been driving her '93 GP LE for the last month or so with no coolant in it. Her water pump went causing the coolant to leak out, she just keeps driving anyways. She only drives 2 miles to work so I guess it didn't get warm enough to cause too much damage. However, she calls me last night and says her low coolant light is on (I find out now its been on for a month!) and she wants me to find the leak because she says when she puts some in it just leaks back out. So anyways, I put the water pump on it and fill it up with coolant, I start it up and thouht to myself "damn that engine is running rough." At this point there was no smoke. So I go to drive it around the block thinking it was just a plug or something, and once I back out of the driveway and get on the street I go WOT and I looked in the mirror and went :shock: , and immediately let off. There was white smoke everywhere. So I drive it around the block and park it, let it idle for a second and there was definately white smoke pouring out and it was definately idling rough.

So obviously it has a warped head or maybe more damage, but I'm going to do a compression test to see which head if not both and tear it down this weekend to fix it. I just don't know where to get the cheapest gaskets that will actually work. Should I just go to like Napa/Carquest and ask for the gaskets, or Autozone, or the dealer (unlikely that the dealer is cheapest), or should I just try to find felpro's or what? I used GM gaskets on my STE but that was because thats what I decided I wanted to use, now I'm just looking for cheap.

Shawn