1990lumina

I went out and bought a amp imstall kit...so I was looking at the wiring and whatnot..

This is rated for exactly what type of amp I am installing which is a 200watt rms 4 channel amp....and a peak of 400watts.

The kit is rated just above that.

It comes with a 10 quage power line to go to the amp from the power source..

My question, is, what power source should I have this wire runing to? My battery only has side terminals, so is there a way to connect the red power cable to the battery??? Or could I connect it to the Aux. Terminal on the strut tower??

Also, I'm planning to add some type of componet speakers in the front....forever I don't have the premium sound option, so the front speakers are in the dash.

So, would it be worth it to invest in componets speakers...I don't even know if they make 4x6 w/ seperate tweeter to mount on the tops of the doors...anyway, I'd like your guys opinion on what I should do with the front speakers...they will be powered by an external amp, as will the rears...however I hear the front speakers are what makes it sound good, so ideas? I'll nenver find premium sound door panels in the junk yard...so I'll have to make do with the just the dash mounted ones...

- Thanks

- Jeff L.

well, since its only a 10 gauge wire, i'd just connect it to the aux post...they do make an adapter piece to hook it up to your side terminal...its bassically a bolt that holds the battery terminals on with a stud sticking out that you'd bolt your amp wire too...

Aux power on the strut tower. Be sure not to break the cheap ass plastic housing though. Mine was already cracked and I couldn't get it loose to put the wire on. :bash: