what kind or gas mileage do you get?

cutlass1991

I don't know about you guys, but on my '91 3.1 I usually get 200 miles to a tank and maybe 300 if it is all highway. that works out to 12.5mpg city/ 18mpg highway. :shock: this seems low. what do you guys get? by the way, to answer the most obvious question, no, I don't drive it like a race car. (only sometimes) :twisted: now if someone tries to race me, I just throw my amp at them.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bartonmd

• ursus

• pitzel

• cutlass1991

My 1990 Lumina 3.1L V6 Euro gets 17MPG in the city and 30-31MPG on the highway :D:D...your mileage seems quite low, but it all depends on driving habits as well. I could probably get 20-21MPG in the city if I drove like an old lady lol..

- Jeff L.

Around town, probably about 15-17 mpg. Highway, when I was doing 70 mph, i was getting 23.xx mpg. I was pretty excited about that too.

yeah i know, you called me about how "giddy" you were.

Around town, probably about 15-17 mpg. Highway, when I was doing 70 mph, i was getting 23.xx mpg. I was pretty excited about that too.

yeah i know, you called me about how "giddy" you were.

HAHAHA, I remember that. I was pretty damn happy!

I get about 15mpg around town and about 28 or so on the freeway in the Lumina. In the STE I get about 10-12 around town and 24 on the freeway. Obviously on premium since thats what both cars require.

Shawn

300 miles to a tank is approx 18mpg IF you used every drop. The best most accurate way of calculating your fuel economy is:

1- fill tank, reset trip meter

2- drive

3- refill tank

then whatever mileage you calculated divided by am't of gallons to refill. I get about 300-320 to a "tank" with mixed city/hwy but when my gage is on E, I have almost a 2 gallon "reserve".

Also take into account if you have different rims on the car, with a tire outside diameter greater than stock, your speedo will be reading lower, consequently will seem like you're getting less MPG.

My car gets SHITTY mileage.

I dont know the exact numbers but it has to be terrible. I put 5 bucks in, go to school, go home, go to work, go home, and its like almost empty :x

My car gets SHITTY mileage.

I dont know the exact numbers but it has to be terrible. I put 5 bucks in, go to school, go home, go to work, go home, and its like almost empty :x

You surely CAN'T be serious.

5 bucks is like 2, 2.5 gallons. How far do you think that will get you around town?

Your car probably gets better fuel economy than mine. And I think mine's pretty good considering little cars (saturns for one) can barely squeeze past 32mpg Hwy, and I'm just about there myself.

i get shitty gas economy. thats because i got 160 thousand miles, and i beat the shit out of engine, then on top of it, the gas gremlins steal that shit when im sleeping. :lol:

Usually I get really shitty mileage because it's mostly town driving and I have it to the floor half the time. This past tank though I'm up to around 140 miles with 7.1 gallons used accord to the DIC. works out to 20 mpg, consisting mostly (this tank) of four highway trips, either just overloaded with 3-4 people in the car or me running at 3k rpms for 30 miles at a time.

Having 350 pounds of person absolutely kills and sort of *oompuff* this car may have, and that was only me and my stepdad.. then add my step sister and a brother.. forget it. 3.1 powered w-bodies are good 1-2 people cruisers.

According to my wife, the 3400 in the Impala gets 26 MPG in the city (we haven't taken it on a road trip yet to figure out highway MPG, but I would assume it would be upper 20's-low 30's.) My Regal's 3800 gets between 23 and 25 city (depending on how much I use the AC) and about 29 on the highway. My Malibu's EcoTec pulls in roughly 24 in city driving (I haven't taken that sucker on a road trip yet, either...)

atleast you guys done get the 12 MPG i get with my truck, having a 26 gallon tank doesnt even help. :oops: Couse this is why i got the Lesabre to drive during the week.

For those who want better MPG i reccomend getting a tuneup (plugs, wires, air filter) your fuel filter replaced, and check your tire psi to see if its at the right ammount. Also driving in the lower RPM range would help cause your engine wouldn't be working as hard.

For those who want better MPG i reccomend getting a tuneup (plugs, wires, air filter) your fuel filter replaced, and check your tire psi to see if its at the right ammount. Also driving in the lower RPM range would help cause your engine wouldn't be working as hard.

Doesn't exactly work in my case. 3.73 gearing, high stall converter, and 10.5:1 compression just doesn't get good gas mileage. But, it's fun as hell though.

I get about 300-320 to a "tank" with mixed city/hwy but when my gage is on E, I have almost a 2 gallon "reserve".

Also take into account if you have different rims on the car, with a tire outside diameter greater than stock, your speedo will be reading lower, consequently will seem like you're getting less MPG.

I think thats about what I get. I can't put in more than $25 right now (unless I'm gonna drive far) cause of the leak on the top of the tank that I need to fix...

When it's in the last bar my DIS says I have like 100 miles left to go, but I just don't trust it... I also am running different tires for the winter- 215/70?/15s which are a little bit smaller than the stock tires when they are placed next to each other.

According to my new trip computer, I averaged about 20.1 MPG on the recent trip to Chicago I took. Of course, I was going around 80MPH the entire time, so the engine ran around 3k.