Problems after Front Springs Installation

Jon89le

I have this mysterious problem on my front end that i cant figure out. Two weeks ago I installed new EBC pads and rotors. Everything was fine up until this weekend when I put my Suspension Technique front springs on. We had some problems on the left side and the axle was pulled apart from within the boot when we pulled the knuckle assembly out. Once everything was back in (and the axle bearings moved back in place) i took the car for a drive and after about 20min of everything being fine i started hearing things. Here is the list:

1)Slowing down once passed the 15mph mark i would hear a light grind on brakes when pressed only.

2) Also around that speed slowing down, brakes DE-pressed, id feel as if the rotors were warped. A feeling like as the car was slowing down, the rotors were touching the pads in one spot.

3) When making wide left hand turns (like on a Highway on/off ramp) i hear a Grinding/Hum that sounds just like when a Hub Assembly is bad, But as soon as i press the brakes a little bit it goes right away.

Now could all those things be caused by thouse axle bearings not being the the right spot? Ball/Tie-rod joints are fine. I thought maybe the brakes but they were fine for 2weeks prior to the suspension work. I inspected the area today and everything looked fine. If anyone could give any suggestions id really appreciate it. Thanks.

could possibly be the line now ... or the caliper siezing up ... just drop by midas ... whats the sense in asking people here if they haven't done anything of such ...

anyway, just some insight on it ... keep us posted

to confuse people ... and to meet people ... that have the same interests as me. this is of all a place to ask questions! but, seriously someone who works at a place such as midas pretty much can tell you instantly rather than waiting, most of my messages whether they make sense or not not always get answered quickly, so someone like Midas specifically has people that sees things EVERY damn day of his life related to his questions, he would really give you a better answer... or not ...

Guest TurboSedan

there are alot of people here that do know front suspension and brake systems, and he was asking for help. i don't think he would post that question if he wanted someone to tell him to bring his car to Midas :lol: this forum is usually alot cheaper than bringing the car to Midas and let them worry about the problem (or make the problem worse/mess up something else).

very true ... but of course i'm just thinking of mine ... 3 of the 5 workers are avid W-Body owners ;-/

so excuse me of my rude answers. and i'm sorry for not being much help. my place is really @ audiofreeze.org ... when i'm making problems with my car i'm always here ... thank you for helping me when i ask for it.

once again i'm sorry.

Last time I went to midas they couldn't even put the front suspension back together right and my geo's wheel fell off. Also the damn half shaft popped out leaving me stranded in a damn monsoon.

well thats stupidity on there behalf ...

but like pops always said you want it done right you have to do it yourself.

Well no shit that's why we ask on the forum so we do it right.