Help with Series II 3800 non-S/C

MommyTaz022200

Ok, on the Fuel Pressure regulator, there is a vaccuum hose that comes out of it and runs to a rubber t-connector. the t-conncetor connects to a metal area on what looks like it is the cold air intake, right after the rubber hose from the air filter. A second hose also fits on a metal fitting right below the first metal fitting. The rubber t-connector and the rubber connector for the other hose was very dryrotten and the t-connector had holes in it so we took them both off and got new ones. Now I am not 100% sure which one goes onto which metal fitting. Is the t-connector on the top and the single line on the bottom?

Also I was wondering if anybody knows what the cause of this could be: With Auto temp control, the blower motor will not switch on. I though it might be the blower motor, but it works fine when I ran it from my Grand Prix. When the settings are set to defrost, the mirrors heat up, and when changed from defrost to like bi-level it clicks like it's closing/opening flaps in the dash so I'm thinking it's not the switch. The previous owners had a valve put in the hose for the heater core because they said the heater wouldn't stop blowing heat even when off. When switched onto the air the blower still will not turn on, but if the windows are all up you can feel slight cold air seep out of the vents. From looking at my Haynes book I'm guessing it could be the solenoids in the Vaccuum/Electric Solenoid, because it seems that everything that don't work is connected to it's wires but the mirrors are not connected to it and they do work. What do you guys think? If it is that Soleniod anyone know where it is located and what it looks like?

Yes, it's digital. It reads out the temp outside and the temp inside and can be set like a thermostat, to keep the car at a certain temp. I was just thinking it wasn't that cause it seems to switch to each setting (defrost, bi-level... ) fine and on defrost it make the mirrors heat up. It also seems to switch when switched from heat to air, since the compressor squeels when it is turned on I can hear the squeeling start and end with the settings on the control.

Does anyplace test the climate control unit? I'm figuring it to be a dealer part, and if it is I'd figure it's expensive for a new one. If it isn't the cause I don't want to fork out $$ for a new one and then more to fix another part.

If you have a junkyard nearby I would say go there and look for one. Test it before you buy it and see if thats the problem. (maybe test a few if they have them to be sure)