smittyy29

ok yesterday i had the guy put in new strutt fillments or cartridges the replacement parts came in a pair and cost me around 65 bucks i only had to pay him 10 bucks for doing the work but i gave him 20. i noticed a difference in the steering wheel seemed alittle tighter. went over bumps better and seems to be better.

but i have some squeaky noise in there now. could that be from replacing them and will they do that till they get worn in some?

also what else would make the front end make noises from clicking to squeaking? i need to get this front end tightened up for better handling and driving.

what i need to do:

get wheel alignement

rotate tires and put air and balance them

the rear brakes the one side drivers side works great no problems whatsoever. the passenger side different story in order for me to stop the tire i have to put the brakes all the way to the floor.

in the rear end i hear a clicking noise when being driven, but when i apply brakes the noise dies down and goes away as soon as i let off brakes the noise is back.

what could cause that?

im gonna replace the rear brakes i think this weekend.

the emergency brake dont seem to be working right either. i think with new brakes the whole brake system in rear should adjust and be good. i hope i want this clicking noise to stop in rear thump thump thump. now it could be my exhaust as its hanging down and rigged form when the person that owned it took the y off and made it single.

well let me know any help would be great

thanks

smitty

front end squeaks usually come from worn bushing. so check those out and while your there you might as weel check your ball joints and wheel bearings. even check your tie rods too while your there