It's alive Vol. 8234721 (startup situation)

god910

Well, after like a billion years (it feels like it anyhow) I actually got to hear Sunshine running again. I put everything back together (Except for the upper I/C pipe) and I started her up. It needs a new battery but I got it charged enough to crank it to start. It started and immediately took off to 2500 RPM (on the crap tach) it stayed there. It would take pedal and rev. w/ no problem, but wouldn't idle down. I just realized it but I accidentally left the nipple for the BOV open (Damn right it's for the BOV, non of that auto wussy modulator crap in this bad dogg 8) ) but would it allow it to idle THAT high? If so then nevermind, and congratulate me and tell me to shutup and goto the track, if NOT, then tell me what could. The battery is shit, and being 10:15 p.m. I'm not going to buy a new one tonight, so I can't go check out my theory. Ideas to what it could be? Does the limp home make it idle way high? I put the ECM from the auto car (w/ the 5 speed supergodmasterdeathkiller chip) I'm just geeked that it ran, and sounded O so sweet. So I *may be bantering. Burgleflickel. Travashamockery. WooT!! Now just have to bleed the brakes, and get a set of tires on it, and to the track I go.

I'm with ya about the vacuum line being for a BOV and not for the tranny modulator...that's the line I switched my BOV to after my swap. 8)

I used to have the BOV line on the back of the upper intake manifold where the vacuum brakes should go. Well, I just popped a bolt into it when I first got my car running with the 5 speed. The bolt came out somehow and my car idled high (~2000 on my not-so-crap tach :D ). So. that should be your idle problem, since usually a vacuum leak will cause a high idle.

Well let's hope that's what it is. I'm gonna buy a battery tonight, and I hope to have it running. Robby, that intake is going to the machine shop to get cleaned up, and have that plug removed and the threads cleaned out. It'll be going in the TGP motor in Sunshine when I pull it out for the rebuild. 8)

Well, I had to goto the dentist at 4:30 but as I was driving through yorktown, I saw a billboard (not like it's the first time I've seen it, but it's the first time I was thinking about batteries when I saw it :lol: ) for a TurboStart wholesale'r. I called them up, and he quoted me for a group 75 battery 84 month pro-rated, 12 month free replacement battery at a whopping $41 his cheaper 72 month battery was $36. They buy straight from the factory. 8) I then asked him about gel cells, and he said for a group 24 vent free gell cell (I plan on putting it in the trunk) it'll run me an astonishing $88 :shock: So, anytime you guys pass near Muncie, you may want to look into that. :wink: I didn't get the battery as they close at 5, but I will be there tomorrow getting an el-cheapo $41 that when I get the gel-cell, I'll be putting in the auto. Then the gell cell in Sunshine. I'd do it now, but I really want to get it running, and don't wanna take the time to run everything to the trunk. Anyway, the car is back on the charger, and I'm gonna plug the BOV nipple, and give it another go, and see how it runs. Wish me luck. :twisted: