innight

Hello! i am currently working on a 1984 Buick Regal limited 2 door,i have

removed the stock V6 and it's ECM and all the wiring i wont need.I am just curious about the engine mount's they seem to be back to far to

to mount the 305ci v8 outta the 1980 chevy caprice from witch i removed it by about 4 inches. I was just curious on what i should do! the mount's cant be welded more toward's the front of the cross beam but they can be knocked toward's more but that would probly weeken them!? i could go out looking for new mount's but from my past experience that isnt as easy as it sound's! another option is to take a rubber hammer and do some fabricating on the firewall. What do you people think i should do?.

i say find a G body message board. all we got here is FWD cars from 88 and up, anyone at a G body board will be able to help you out alot, how ever i'm sure there are people here familiar with g bodys.

Guest TurboSedan

i used to have an '81 Malibu Classic Landau coupe (G-body). i swapped in a 350/700R4 combo from a '85 Impala 9C1 that i used to have. my Malibu previously had a 229ci Chevy 3.8 V6/TH350C. i also removed the ECM and all the wiring, and ran the 350 on a 4pin HEI distributor and a non CCC Q-jet carb. the V6 engine mounts will not work and are too far back anyway. i bought some new Chevy V8 motor mounts from NAPA and found that the Malibu's frame already had holes in the right place for the V8 mounts.

your V6 mounts won't work - just get some Chevy V8 mounts and bolt 'em in the right place and you'll be set.

HOT ROD had an article about dropping a 305/350 chevy into g-bodies, i'll try to find and post it if you are interested. it had all the GM part numbers for the 305 engine mounts. the holes are already in your car

Guest TurboSedan
HOT ROD had an article about dropping a 305/350 chevy into g-bodies, i'll try to find and post it if you are interested. it had all the GM part numbers for the 305 engine mounts. the holes are already in your car

SBC/BBC chevy V8 motor mounts are all the same.

SBC/BBC chevy V8 motor mounts are all the same.

really? i didn't know that. i knew the 305/350 mounts were the same but i didn't know that sbc/bbc were the same too.

yep BBC's get swapped in all the time for SBC's. the physical mouting point on the blocks are in the same spot. by far the 229/262 V6 is the easiest motor to yank and put a SBC into. you can reuse the whole front of the motor. the accessories and all. everything is interchangable. you can use the Distributor too....... just put a V8 cap on it.

yep BBC's get swapped in all the time for SBC's. the physical mouting point on the blocks are in the same spot. by far the 229/262 V6 is the easiest motor to yank and put a SBC into. you can reuse the whole front of the motor. the accessories and all. everything is interchangable. you can use the Distributor too....... just put a V8 cap on it.

i knew that i didn't know the mounting points were in the same spot i thought you needed a different mount depending on the block