leeparrish

I have acquired a 1990 turbo grand prix. Great running car but no brakes at all. Pedal remains on the floor and has to be manually lifted to turn brake lights off. I am unfamiliar with this type brake system can someone please point me in the right direction to start testing. When I turn on the ignition I do not hear the pump run nor do I see any visible

leakage of fluid. I have checked fuses all are ok. How do you test pressure switch and relay. thanks in advance for any help.

well i guess i will help u out. everyone gets sick of answering the same questions. but ur new, so here goes. well first, try checking the search option in the forum(very helpful). but ur question isn't asked to frequently. well, if u don't hear the brake motor running, i would suspect the motor relay. sorry, don't know how to test. if thats not it, its either the acculmalater(located on the left side of the brake booster, towards the bottom.) it is round and has a nut on the front. i got a price of $85 for holesale. but i would most likly suspect the brake booster, since the pedal stays on the floor. well, good luck. hope i helped.

THanks for the reply.. I was wandering if anyone cared. I am a mechanic so I have some knowledge of braking systems even thpough my expertises are in medium to heavy trucks. I believe a bolt is a bolt no matter what vehicle it is on. I have gotten the motor to run and fluid is draining out of the backing plate. which I have heard is a fatal symptom for this crappy system. so I am going to convert this thing over to a conventional vaccuum boost system. I am an avid grand prix owner. I have a 97 Gt which has been one hell of an awesome car. once again thanks for your help. I have learned alot of stuff about this system since my post and I will steer clear of it.

If you need any tips or pics of what it takes to convert to vacuum I can help a little. My newest TGP was converted and the P/O and I taked quite a bit about it. A few things you'll need: the bolt in firewall plate that comes from a vacuum GP, the cars ENTIRE brake line system, the pedal assy. the m/c booster assy, (duh :lol:) Lemme know if you need some pics snapped (It's a little cramped, but I'll do what I can.)