Dreaded Transmission Replacement

scorpion_x9

OK, I know this guy at a chevy dealer who can hook me up with a 4T60E for about $900 from Weller Auto Parts/Transmission. (My transmission is screwed up) So, I've collected about $750 so far...(federal tax refund :) ) and I need to do something about my transmission. I'm figuring on getting a new transmission because I don't want this same problem happening again, BUT, I don't know if that new transmission comes with all the updated parts in it so it doesn't fudge up again. Does anyone know if Weller is a good place for getting transmssions and do they supply good parts? If any one has a good deal on a rebuilt transmission (with the weak parts replaced) with VERY low miles on it that would be excellent.

I'll give a brief run down of what my transmsion does.

From a stop, it will go through 1st gear fine, then when it hits second gear it jerks kind of like in a MT car, and so on with the last two gears. Some call it "chuggles" I believe or something, and believe it may be related to the valve body.

From a stop, it will go through 1st gear fine, then when it hits second gear it jerks kind of like in a MT car, and so on with the last two gears. Some call it "chuggles" I believe or something, and believe it may be related to the valve body.

does it chuggle threw the entier gear and even more so up hill? sounds like not the transmission but a ignition problem or a throttle problem...

whens the last time you replaced your sparkplugs and wires???

sony hit it right on the head

check all motor stuff first then if it is still there check the plug to the trans for corrosion then after that it still there look into replaceing the trans

good luck

I'm 99% positive it's the transmission. I have new plugs, wires, coils, and I had the ignition module tested(3 times) and that turned out good as well. So i'm pretty positive it's not an engine problem and there is good fuel pressure. I doesn't knock or loose any power of any sort(engine-wise). You'd have to be driving the car, I guess, to deem it a transmssion problem. :shrug: I've checked the connectors for corrosion and they are all fine.

I've changed the transmission fluid, and filter, 3 times in about an 8 month span, so the ATF has to be pretty new. I guess I can double check the engine stuff, but I think it's the transmission and I've had two transmission shops look at it and say it's a transmssion problem, but sometimes they can b/s with you. One transmssion shop narrowed it down to a valve body problem.

• 1 month later...

right now i am chasing some problems in my 93 GP.

parts are supposed to be here tomorrow for me to change the TCC.

transmission control solenoid. as my car stalls when i come down from highway speeds. i had noticed the TCC was unplugged so i plugged it back in. it was just rough before i plugged it back in. now with it plugged in it stalls and is rough.

hit up the search feature at the top of the page and look for some possible help that way.

i am exausting option before i go spending alot of cash i do not have.

have done plugs, wires, knock sensor (had a ses code for this one), fuel filter and now the TCC.

Monty

I've already got my transmission fixed. It was some sort of lube tube that was broken or loose and wore some parts in the transmssion, but it's all good now. Thanks.