Well....CARS DEAD!!!

gmrulz4u

If you read my last message, you'd know that I was planning on driving my car tonight, with my AutoXray hooked-up, to see if I could find out what was going on...

I go out to the car, and it doesn't start. I'm thinking, "oh well". But I decide to try and start it a few minutes later, and it starts. I then figure, might as well drive around a little, and see what's really going on. So I drive for about 5 minutes to the empty parking lot at a local mall.

As I was driving there, the car was VERY bad. When I was at a stop, and then hit the gas to go, it would hesitate badly, and surge VERY badly. This only happened from the point of trying to accelerate, once I was fully up to speed and going, it would stop acting badly.

So I pull into the parking lot, put the car into PARK, and see what happens. The interior lights started dimming and then brightening extremely rapidly, back and forth. Then the engine started making a pretty LOUD noise. You could hear and feel the engine surging, and wanting to die, and of course, it did after idling in park for about 10 seconds. Since then, it has not started. It turns over and everything, just won't "catch".

Anyway, I was lucky enough to press the CAPTURE button on my scanner about 3 seconds before the engine died, and THIS is what I found:

VARIABLE = 3 seconds before engine dies/2 seconds/1 second/engine dead

Engine RPM = 440/578/428/0

O2 Sensor = 22/22/26/26 -mVolts

O2 Cross Counts = 36/36/36/36

Block Learn = 156/156/156/156

Blk Lrn Cell = 0/0/0/0

Integrator = 180/180/180/180

Idle Air Mtr Pos = 107/122/129/113 - steps

Desired Idle = 737/737/737/737 - RPMs

MAP Sensor = 4.31/3.99/4.29/4.74

Manifold TEMP = 50.0/50.0/50.0/50.0 - degrees F

Fuel Pump Volts = 12/12.5/12.1/11.9

Battery Volts = 11.9/12.2/12/11.9

Spark Advance = 9.1/21.3/15.0/9.1 - degrees

Desired A/F = 14.7/14.7/14.7/14.7

Injector Pulse = 18/9/17.9/9.6 - mSeconds

Fuel Cut off = Disabled

Learn Control = Enabled

Rich Lean Flag = Lean

Loop Status = Closed

I'm so sorry if this is confusing in anyway, I tried to make it easy to read.

I've bolded the ones I'm MOST worried about.

From what I can see:

1- Integrator is WAY too high! The ECM is commanding A LOT of fuel to be added. It was 180, and is only supposed to be 128!!

2- RPM is WAY too low! This may have been a gradual thing, but like I said, I only got the last 3 seconds before the engine died.

3- Is the O2 sensor not supposed to be actually CHANGING RAPIDLY??? Because from this, it's just sitting there, staying in the 20s?? Normally O2 sensors are going like 15, 67, 110, 145, 190, 215, 11, 45, etc....

So does anyone have any suggestions here???

I'm actually thinking the ECM, but maybe not??

THANKS!:)

JEFF

It's definitely running lean, I'm sure you've done the easy maintenance things like fuel filter, injector clean....

Bring up your active values and watch the o2 as you're driving around, see if you are actually experiencing a lean condition. It could have been just by chance it was reading lean when your values were taken, slim chance, but a chance nonetheless.

If you read my last message, you'd know that I was planning on driving my car tonight, with my AutoXray hooked-up, to see if I could find out what was going on...

I go out to the car, and it doesn't start. I'm thinking, "oh well". But I decide to try and start it a few minutes later, and it starts. I then figure, might as well drive around a little, and see what's really going on. So I drive for about 5 minutes to the empty parking lot at a local mall.

As I was driving there, the car was VERY bad. When I was at a stop, and then hit the gas to go, it would hesitate badly, and surge VERY badly. This only happened from the point of trying to accelerate, once I was fully up to speed and going, it would stop acting badly.

So I pull into the parking lot, put the car into PARK, and see what happens. The interior lights started dimming and then brightening extremely rapidly, back and forth. Then the engine started making a pretty LOUD noise. You could hear and feel the engine surging, and wanting to die, and of course, it did after idling in park for about 10 seconds. Since then, it has not started. It turns over and everything, just won't "catch".

Anyway, I was lucky enough to press the CAPTURE button on my scanner about 3 seconds before the engine died, and THIS is what I found:

VARIABLE = 3 seconds before engine dies/2 seconds/1 second/engine dead

Engine RPM = 440/578/428/0

O2 Sensor = 22/22/26/26 -mVolts

O2 Cross Counts = 36/36/36/36

Block Learn = 156/156/156/156

Blk Lrn Cell = 0/0/0/0

Integrator = 180/180/180/180

Idle Air Mtr Pos = 107/122/129/113 - steps

Desired Idle = 737/737/737/737 - RPMs

MAP Sensor = 4.31/3.99/4.29/4.74

Manifold TEMP = 50.0/50.0/50.0/50.0 - degrees F

Fuel Pump Volts = 12/12.5/12.1/11.9

Battery Volts = 11.9/12.2/12/11.9

Spark Advance = 9.1/21.3/15.0/9.1 - degrees

Desired A/F = 14.7/14.7/14.7/14.7

Injector Pulse = 18/9/17.9/9.6 - mSeconds

Fuel Cut off = Disabled

Learn Control = Enabled

Rich Lean Flag = Lean

Loop Status = Closed

I'm so sorry if this is confusing in anyway, I tried to make it easy to read.

I've bolded the ones I'm MOST worried about.

From what I can see:

1- Integrator is WAY too high! The ECM is commanding A LOT of fuel to be added. It was 180, and is only supposed to be 128!!

2- RPM is WAY too low! This may have been a gradual thing, but like I said, I only got the last 3 seconds before the engine died.

3- Is the O2 sensor not supposed to be actually CHANGING RAPIDLY??? Because from this, it's just sitting there, staying in the 20s?? Normally O2 sensors are going like 15, 67, 110, 145, 190, 215, 11, 45, etc....

So does anyone have any suggestions here???

I'm actually thinking the ECM, but maybe not??

THANKS!:)

JEFF[/quote

If you motor wasn't running smooth at all, likes it's missing, take out your spark plugs. See which ones are black or white(blistered burnt). If they are black you got either a coil or IGN module out. If they are burnt, then you have an injector out. You'll have to use scruteny on this one. If th engine it missing, I'll bet the ignition over the injectors, the injectors for most people, last alot longer.