Will a 1 bar map work on a tgp?

1trucavalier

The reason I ask this is because when I first got the car the Jack A's said they replaced the map sensor and they put the old one in the box. Me not trusting anyone especially since the check eng light was still on did a diagnostic and it keeps coming up map sensor fault. I went and tried to put the old map sensor in and it wouldn't fit WTF!!!!! Well anyway last night I was replacing my heater core and of course you have to go to the back of the block. This time i pulled the map sensor wires all the way up and removed the wire loom only to find that the pigtail wires were spliced to the stock wires :cry:! What I am thinking is some how they maybe damaged the pigtail (plastic pins) trying to force a 1 bar map where the 2 bar TGP map should be so they spliced in the 1 bar pigtail. I am not really sure thats the problem when working after someone else. any info on this subject is appreciated. That could be why at idle the car will cut off without gas (incorrect signal to pulse the larger injectors). It also could be the FPR is bad and or vaccume leak. I have replaced almost every electrical/electronic or spark related component in the car. The only think left is vaccume or fuel. TY for all info.

so basically it will start up and run but just not properly and of course I would get a map sensor fault forevery!!!!!! :evil: grrrrrrrrrrr If so where in the heck can I get a TGP map pig tail? Dealer is out because they already told me they have nothing at all for the TGP!

My guess is the car would run terrible with the 1-bar, since it won't read any boost at all. How different is the wiring pigtail? Sometimes GM uses similar connectors for other things.

GnatGoSplat...

There is nothing else in the area of the MAP sensor on a TGP that remotely resembles the connector. That was the first thought that came to my mind also...but the TGP's have a very user friendly wire setup. Hard to confuse connectors...as far a I am concerned. 8)

Sorry, guess I didn't make myself clear...

Since the MAP sensor connector is not available from GM anymore, maybe GM used the correct type of connector somewhere else in some other car. So then you could go to a junkyard and snip off that connector. For example, I wanted a keyless entry module connector but couldn't find one. I discovered the exact same connector is used in the dash for something else.

thanks guys because this is truly ridiculous if in fact it is a 1 bar map. thats maybe why it cuts off without gas applied, and cuts boost. a perfectly good car going to waiste! :oops: