89 cutlass

well the 3 lightning rods is what I'm talking about. It was a special factory ordeal.

Those only came on the 83/84 Hurst/Olds. Ive looked long and hard for that car. The lightning rods are a rare find if you can, Hurst stoped producing them long ago

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 89 cutlass

• supreme_style21

• 89oldscutlass

• quaddriver

well the 3 lightning rods is what I'm talking about. It was a special factory ordeal.

Those only came on the 83/84 Hurst/Olds. Ive looked long and hard for that car. The lightning rods are a rare find if you can, Hurst stoped producing them long ago

What are the ones called in that 90's Cutlass Supreme?

cs94lrods2.jpg

HOhr_front_seats.jpg

HO94Rear_Side_View.jpg

Hey, that's the Hurst embroidery on my cars seats [cloth] but only the 'H'. There's no Hurst shift knob but it's different than the 5 speed shifter in one of those pics. It's gray plastic with the 5 speed shift pattern in it and there's a small maybe 1/4"X1-1/2" Hurst Equipped metal badge in front of the shifter. The wheels also have the Hurst 'H' in the center caps upon closer inspection. There's a Hurst Edition plate #005 in the glove box that looks like at one time it was glued to the dash between the ash tray and climate control area [some dried glue there the same size]. I was told last night that there was a dealer named Hurst Oldsmobile Pontiac in Virginia back in the 80's and that may be their 'Hurst package'. This car is from Virginia originaly but the emblems and embroidery would be considered trademark infringement because they are exact Hurst logos. I don;t know, this is very interesting.

That car is beautiful, it has all the great things that a cutlass came with...leather seats, convertable, spoiler, duel exhust, gounrd effects, 5-star wheels..., you guys have any more pics?

Hey supremestyle21 who owns that car. It's awsome. Doe you have more pics of it? What year is it?

I have no clue who owns it. It's a '94. I've had the pictures on my comp. for ages.. I THINK I got 'em off a forum member's website... but I dont' remember for sure. Whoever it was.. they'll step up.

HO94_rear_view.jpg

HO94frontside.jpg

cs94hohood.jpg

cs94lrods.jpg

Arent the lighting rods for an automatic anyhow ?

Still sounds like dealer equiped but cool non the less and still rare, it was bought new that way. Does it have T-tops :lol: .? Just kiddin. That would be awsome if it did.

HO would be white or black/gold anyhow right ?

i know those hood louvers are aftermarket, they came on the 40th anniv. grand prix and select other models, there are a few of those around and i almost bought a pair exactly like that pair for my cutlass, but i decided not to

What's a Yenko?

It is/was a type of car (mostly camAros, I believe) that were taken from the Dealer lot and had bigger engines and special interiors and other fun stuff done to them, and then sold as a "Yenko CamAro" or whatever else (if there were any more cars) All I can say is...BIG fast AMERICAN power!! Hell yeah!!

By the way, in 2Fast2Furious (ack) they had one of those....pretty damn cool in my opinion, it was nice to see American muscle in that ricer movie!!

How on earth do those "Lightning Rod" shifters work? They look very... odd. But that is about the nicest w-body i've ever seen. :)

I would guess that to start off in first, you put all the levers in the lowest spots, then shift them up.

Moving 1 up goes to 2, moving 2 up goes to 3 and then so on..

but you can just use the one rod for normal driving.

Thats my GUESS

camAro.

damn

Oooooooopppppppppssssssss. :oops: God, I can't even spell!! I guess thats what I get for being up for too many hours straight.

And the worst part is, I read what I had typed, and I thought "Camero doesn't look right...maybe I'm just being a dumbass" and sure enough I was!! :wink:

lol

the Yenko Camaro was a car converted at a dealer (weren't they in Cali ?)...the car was equipped with an all aluminum big block V8...ZL1 427 I do believe. If I'm not mistaken, one was recently showcased in the movie "2Fast 2Furious". I do believe one of the cars used for filming was an actual Yenko Camaro. They are highly prized by collectors and worth a small fortune IF you can find one. Probably closely followed by the whole group of aftermarket modified Chevy musclecars by "Motion Performance"

I have a very hard time believing it was all aluminum. Back in that time I'm sure it was almost an exotic material. Not something you'd start casting engine blocks out of.

The LS1 is a 348 isn't it? Its all aluminum with cast iron sleeves.

most yenkos came with iron block/head 427's.

the all aluminum ZL1 was a FACTORY option in 69 on vettes and camaros. they made 69 camaros and 2 corvettes with it(or 67/2 but i forget).