New to the forum but seasoned around the W-platform

'93RegalGS3800

Aren't you the lucky one?

I bought my Camaro for $2000 and I only drove it for 3 months before I had to do the LIM. Now it just sits :(

Aren't you the lucky one?

I bought my Camaro for $2000 and I only drove it for 3 months before I had to do the LIM. Now it just sits :(

That sucks. I would have expected a decent running car at that price. Then again it can be a gamble with used cars sometimes.

It was a female driven Camaro that was traded in to Carmax. Then it found its way to a private reseller.

Honestly, the car ran good until the water pump went. I'm not sure if the LIM went because of that, but it was plastic anyways. I'm halfway done with the job, just need to drain the oil (water got into the hood during the storms), get the valve covers off so I can paint em and then reassemble.

As far as RWD stuff goes, anything can be done but the question is how much do you want to spend.

Heres a 95 monte built by GM with a 4th gen f-body floor pan. http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/42647_1995_chevrolet_monte_carlo_v8/

In an old HotRod magazine there was an article on a bunch of GM prototypes, there were a few rwd w bodys and even an AWD Lumina with a northstar if i remember correctly.

GM also built a couple RWD rivieras and atleast one RWD 2dr Regal with a Grand National turbo 3.8 and a C4 corvette rear suspension. Theres a video on youtube of them going around a test track but I cant find it at the moment.

Im supprised there isnt a bigger following for RWD conversions, these are great cars they just have always been wrong wheel drive.

Edit: I was wrong about the Rivieras, they were Reattas.

Edited by TheTanSedan

My buddy did a RWD conversion on his 94 GP. He's taken several suspension and steering parts from a 4th gen F-body and had it grafted into the the GP including the strut towers, K-member, rack, knuckles, control arms. Under the hood is a Northstar. The firewall has been heavily modified, the center of the floor of the car was cut out for a drive shaft hump, and the rear end has been heavily cut up and modified to handle a rear axle housing. He's done all of it himself while working with a custom car building master welder. It's been in the works for several years and has countless amounts of money spent on it. So, short answer: yes, it can be done.

Ive seen the pictures of the grand prix with the northstar and its probably one of the nicer conversions ive seen so far, that car isnt in the midwest is it?

Wow. I figured it would take a lot of cutting & grafting to get everything to fit right. Are there pictures or a build thread you could link for me to see?

Dude...the Reatta SHOULD have been RWD. Making a car like that FWD was a big mistake. I've seen one in person and if it were not for the hood being up I would have assumed it was RWD. Ahhh...the anger flows.:mad:

I've thought about taking a donor W & 4th gen F and combining them to make the RWD W car. I'm just going off my general GM knowledge with that one. Probably what gets everybody hung up on the conversion is the K-member. It would take a lot of work to make a custom one to fit the RWD motor and still fit with where the stock one mounts. Then there is where the gas tank sits and mounting the rear axle.

Your right about the Camaro's being around. Too bad the one I got was a total parts bin because I would have had it going if it were in decent shape. I've been trying to part that 'Maro out for over a year. All I have is the Buick to work with right now. Once things get in line I'll have 2 major projects to work on next. Fun times for sure.

I was drinking a beer in a fairly nice looking black? maybe red early 90`s(3rd Gen?, style thru most of the 80`s) Camaro in the junk yard this week end, PM me or start a Camaro thread in the "Other Rides" section about what you need. Might even be willing to trade for some Blue Angels stuff.:thumbsup:

I was drinking a beer in a fairly nice looking black? maybe red early 90`s(3rd Gen?, style thru most of the 80`s) Camaro in the junk yard this week end, PM me or start a Camaro thread in the "Other Rides" section about what you need. Might even be willing to trade for some Blue Angels stuff.:thumbsup:

Ha! I actually have an old 3rd gen in my back yard I could rob the floor pan out of for that project. I don't plan on doing a RWD conversion to the Regal though. I'd rather find another car to do it with.

Ive seen the pictures of the grand prix with the northstar and its probably one of the nicer conversions ive seen so far, that car isnt in the midwest is it?

Yeah he's in Wisconsin.